Unit 4 whitetails muzzy

jbricejr

I've never hunted northern Idaho but would like to try a whitetail hunt up there during the rut. I'm wondering if the fact that unit 4 is muzzy only for whitetail during the rut means a higher percentage of mature bucks than some of the other rifle rut whitetail hunts in north Idaho? Unit 4 looks like it is more USFS and less private relative to some units, which I know can mean a lower density of whitetail. Any thoughts on unit 4 would be appreciated. Units 7 and 9 are also in that same muzzy hunt but those look like higher elevation and I'm guessing that in some years there aren't many deer left in those units by mid-late November. I live in eastern Idaho (Swan Valley) and would be willing to trade info. Thanks
John

It's real good...not too many guys do it for some reason. That being said I don't either, but I'm an archery nut. If they would switch it to short range weapons I would be there. Never done the other units. Do bear and elk in four and usually surprised at the number of good deer.

Ive hunted the muzzy elk late season in unit 4...saw tons of whiteys and tons of sign. All forest land too. Pm me if you want some info

Not a huge density of whitetails but it does tend to produce mature bucks as it doesn't recieve as much pressure as the surrounding rife units. Most people just road hunt. PM me.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom