unit 4

F

firementl23

looking in to unit 4 for elk in 2009<archery.Are there good numbers of elk?looking in to a couple of tresspass hunts.colorado seems to be alittle harder to find tresspass hunts because the state does not list land owners that alow them.

I would not waste any $$ on a tresspass hunt in unit 4 for archery. During archery season most of the elk are on the forest. You should be able to draw this tag with point or two, it is good hunt liimted amount of tags, lots of animal, but do not expect anything big. PM me if you have more ??.

From what I have found,private land gets pretty high dollars for tresspass .

just looking for something in the 280 to 300 class and being by my self need a little help

I am trying for a unit 4 muzzleloader cow tag,have 1 Pref Point ,nothing sure about drawing a license. MAYBE!

well ok whats a good unit that a otc or easy draw with good bull.I am not asking for any ones honey hole just a stear in the right direction.thanks

A trophy class animal is hard to come by in an OTC unit.There is the occasional big boy taken ,but Colorado in general gets alot of hunting pressure and just to take a legal bull is alot of work and luck.

Most units will work for you. You need to get away from the roads, get a horse or backpack in with a spike camp. I would rather stay home than hunt in unit 4.

Unit 4; especially the FS gets hit hard during the rifle seasons. I would hunt the 1st rifle season and hike into a drainage bordering private land and wait for the elk to run across to the private. After the first few days of rifle season most of elk on are private land. I worked north of Craig in 05/06 and a 230 5 or 6 point is a big bull. I seen one around 300-inch bull east of Hayden on private land. Lots of elk up there.

Leonard

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom