Unit 40 buck

S

silentbroadhead

Wanted to say thanks to all those for your input and advice. Was able to take this bad boy. Not the biggest but it is good for me. Thanks again.

492cc80b37432152.jpg

492cc84a38538bfc.jpg

492cc86e3916002c.jpg

492cc89039ce8c19.jpg

Congrats on your buck. He has some character to him and he does have some good mass. Full moon, hot weather and the rut all but over made for a tough hunt. Great unit, just need better conditions next time.

Good talking to you and stay in touch. Congrats agian on a nice buck.

Congrats on a nice buck!! Love the mass! Yeah the weather just wasn't stellar this year, hopefully the stars will align and we can get some better weather next year. And hopefully next year I can draw my deer tag!

Are you being sarcastic when you say 'not the biggest'? That is a stellar Idaho buck. Be thankful you got him! For Idaho... he's huge! I haven't seen a buck like that for many years. But I also rifle hunt, so I'll never get to hunt bucks in the rut. He's a wall hanger and story teller for sure.
I'm already dreaming about next year. Hope I draw a deer tag.

Nice! That is a toad. You have got to love the mass unit 40 produces. Always respect a guy that can hold out.

Kicker

I had seen many deer but all the big boys were up high so when I finally decided to go after them, the rut had already surpassed and he was the first big one I came across the second to last day. Can only hold out until there's nothing to hold on to.

NICE BUCK WHAT PART OF 40 DID U GET HIM IN??? MY OLDEST SON DREW THAT TAG THIS YEAR ALSO WE GOT HIM A 30 1/2 WIDE 24 TALL 3 X 3 ON NOV 8TH..THEY SAW 2 BUCKS OPENING WEEKEND THAT WERE BETWEEN 30" & 35" WIDE BUT COULDNT GET ON THEM..WE ALSO GOT SOME GOOD PICS OF 2 BUCKS THAT WERE BETWEEN 32" & 35" OF COURSE AFTER THE KID SMOKED HIS

OLD! Congratulations on your son's deer. That is great news. Wouldn't have mind landing me one with that width. I was over by henderson point about 2 miles south. I only saw about four monsters but I didn't get to where they were until the last week which seemed well beyond the rut then I missed one that was about 28-30" that was massive in hight and girth. There will be a couple that will be well huge next year so I'm hoping to guide someone to them now that I know where they are hanging out the whole rut. Do you have any pictures you can send me? [email protected] Again congratulations.

SOUNDS LIKE U FOUND A FEW GOOD ONES!! IVE NEVER HEARD OF HENDERSON POINT...WE SCOUTED ALL OVER DOWN THERE RODE MOTORCYCLES & 4 WHEELERS PROBABLY 1500 MILES OVER ALOT OF BACK ROADS & 2 TRACKS & REALLY NEVER SAW A GOOD BUCK UNTIL 2 WEEKS BEFORE THE SEASON..WE RODE 1 DAY IN JUNE OVER SOUTH OF SILVER CITY & GLASSED UP 1 BASIN THAT HAD 21 BUCKS IN IT THE 3 BIGGEST IM SURE WOULD HAVE ENDED UP ALL BEING AT LEAST 30 PLUS BUCKS THEY STILL HAD ALOT OF GROWTH TIME LEFT MY KID IS SUSPOSED TO BE GETTING SOME PICE PUT TOGETHER IM SURE ALL HE HAS NOW ARE THE CELL PICS WHAT IS YOUR CELL# & I WILL HAVE HIM SHOOT THEM TO YA

LAST EDITED ON Dec-08-08 AT 10:21PM (MST)[p]>OLD! 208-871-7588 Thanks and can't wait
>to see the pics

Nice buck. I know this buck and where he lived.

LAST EDITED ON Dec-08-08 AT 11:49PM (MST)[p]>>OLD! 208-871-7588 Thanks and can't wait
>>to see the pics

Hey SilentBroadface are you sure about your location on that buck? I am 99% sure I have early November video of that buck on private land.

LAST EDITED ON Dec-09-08 AT 07:05AM (MST)[p]Well there is always that 1% that makes you unsure as well and 100% sure of myself that he was legally killed on public land. Can you e-mail me the footage at all?

OLD! Got one picture. That is a nice buck Henderson point is between toy mountain and silver city. If you google earth it, it will take you right to where I was camped.

HE WASNT TO BAD FOR ONLY BEING 200 YARDS OFF THE 2 TRACK ROAD!!!! OK COOL THE BUCKS WE SAW EARLIER WERE BACK IN BEHIND & SOUTH OF SILVER CITY WE WENT IN FROM OREANA!!! I BOUGHT A SLED FROM A KID IN NAMPA & HIS BROTHER SHOT A 30" 5 X 5 IN 41 OPENING WEEKEND HIS WIFE ALSO DREW A 40 TAG BUT HAVENT HEARD WHAT SHE GOT

I thought about looking into silver city but didn't have enough time to get over there and scout or hunt. Hopefully I'll be able to draw that hunt again before the end of my lifetime. I would put much more time into scouting out all sorts of areas.

THE SILVER CITY AREA HAS ALWAYS HELD SOME HUGE BUCKS MY EYE DOC SHOT A 202 BC BUCK SOMEWHERE CLOSE TO THERE BACK ABOUT 5 YEARS AGO & IT WAS A TOAD BOTH BASES ARE RIGHT AT 8" HUGE 6 X 5 WE SAW A COUPLE OF 30 PLUS BUCKS YOTE HUNTING 2 YEARS AGO DOWN THERE

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom