Unit 40 Outfitter Help?

Devil03Dawg07

Does anybody know how to get in touch with Anthony Neidlinger from Whiskey Mountain Outfitters or Paul Meholchick from Juniper Mountain Outfitters.

I have a non-resident rifle runt tag for unit 40. I was hoping to DIY this hunt but I live 1500 miles away and work limitations just aren't really going to allow DIY the way i would like.

I've heard Anthony & Paul are two of the better outfitters in the unit but I've been trying to get in touch with both of them (Voicemail, email, social media, etc) for a month with no reply.

I'm open to other suggestions of outfitters as well would definitely like to talk with these two.

Thanks

DD

Thanks but i've called the numbers listed and emailed the addresses on those sites....no reply. I know Juniper Mountain runs horse camps in the summer, but it still seems strange no to get a response after 30 days

You will be much better off doing this on your own then getting hooked up with those above mentioned outfitters. The fact that you can't get a hold of them should be telling you something.
That can be a good hunt if you put enough effort into it. The odds to draw out that are very very slim. There are thousands of hunters that would love the opportunity to have what you have.
Sorry to hear you may not be able to take full advantage of the opportunity.

Is it an elk tag?

The game in this unit, in my somewhat limited experience, are usually somewhat concentrated. If your tag is late(Nov), then you also need to be very concerned about how to get around in the unit if there is weather.

Certainly an outfitter would help if you have the $$ and a real desire for an above average animal.

If you will have good vehicles, have a fair amount of time, reasonable expectation, and a deer tag, I would not be afraid to DIY. It may take a few days to find more concentrations of deer, but in Nov you would find them.

I think elk are just harder to find in that unit. There is not a big population there and the pockets they can seem to disappear into can be frustrating. As a NR I would prefer help vs DIY for elk.

PS Not sure if F&G can help, or maybe the Outfitter board/assoc. Not good if we have limited amount of Outfitters for a given unit, if LE tag holders can't even get a response.

Update -- I finally talked to Anthony at Whiskey Creek and it turns out he sold his outfitting business and I have also talked to the outfitter he sold the business to.

This is a deer tag.

I'd really like to do this as DIY, but the drive from Texas is going to eat into my hunting time so I'm trying to balance maximizing my hunting time vs. the freedom of doing it on my own.

Thanks for the email Freebird. I'll be following up.

Kevin Perry

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom