unit 40 w/mike lawson

adubs

Finally pulled the trigger and booked an archery hunt for myself, my two brothers and my 68 year old dad to archery elk hunt with Mike Lawson in 2017(trophy class outfitters). Ive been wanting to book this hunt for a couple years but had other hunts or situations come up that prevented it. We have 10 NR points now and will have 11 by the time we apply for the tag so we wont have any problems there. Wondering if any of you guys have hunted with Mike recently and how your hunt went? Judging by the pics on his FB page and the conversations I've had with other past hunters we're in for a good time!

Colorado%20Elk%202015%20007_zpshiciaahf.jpg

This is my bull with Mike last year. Third season rifle.

Mike is a good outfitter and good guy.

I hunted first rifle with Mike. It was an awesome hunt! I can't wait to go back. I think the archery would be a fun hunt. Mike is great to hunt with also.

Mine was 336 and had 12 inches broken off so we he would have pushed almost 350. Another guy should have gotten one bigger but he wasn't ready for it. I think 320 to 350 should be doable there. I think most of them were broken up during first rifle. They were bugling pretty good as hot as it was too. It was 80 during the day. There were a few that were right around 320 but all of them were broken so they would have been higher.

Mike is fun to hunt with. I had him as one of my guides. It looks like they take some decent deer also. I was lucky and won the hunt and landowner voucher so I'm planning on archery in a few years when I can draw.

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom