Unit 41-44-45 Whitetail prospects

Dikndirt

Put in for a whitetail deer tag in this three unit area.Recommended by a friend of a friend. Starting to do my home work and was hoping for a little info about what I am getting myself into. Any insight would be appreciated. Area is located north and east of worland.

Been some whopper easterns taken from the BH basin the last 20 years. Great place to find a whopper.

Had a buddy that was driving thru Wind River Canyon back then and saw a monster whitey rutting a herd of muley does.

It could happen for you in that country.

But.......could you explain your username for me??

Well Whiskeyman I doubt you drink alot of whiskey. Alas My Dicky is not dirty just a figure of speech for something that knocks your sox off!

Whitetails are really booming thoughout the Basin and if you can find access on private land along any of the drainages where they tend to stay for the most part you have a good chance at a whopper. I would make some private land contacts out in the area and specifically tell them you are after a whitetail. Many of the folks out there hate them just like a lot of them do the antelope and might let you on to hunt when they wouldn't if you mentioned mulies. I talked to one lady a year ago while I was out there(not in the area you are trying for)that wanted me to shoot all of them because she thought they were one reason the mulies were losing ground out there.

Smoot is a place I have seen a few in the River bottoms and on private land(in the fields) so I'm sure you can find private stuff you have a good chance of seeing a few.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom