unit 42 buck

C

curtislahr

Well after all these year's finally drew tag, I have archery antelope hunted 42 many times before, was wondering what deer behavior is this time of year? any help would be nice, I have seen some big deer before during the antelope hunt can't wait gona be a blast.

Thanks for the info! I have had a really crapy past few years so this is gona be enjoyed, nothing like a little hunt trip to make the daily grind not so bad!

Good Bucks don't come easy in 42. I have killed a 186, a 187 and a 192 there over the years but they were all long hard hunts.
Some good bucks are killed by hunters driving the roads on 4 wheelers. The biggest buck I have seen was from the truck but he was too fast to get a shot at.
Dont expect many mature bucks to be rut crazy. They have been hunted in Nov. so long that they dont rut hard or they get killed young.
You will need to put in your time and MAKE it happen There are always a few whoppers roaming around out there, you just need to be in the right place at the right time.
Also keep this in mind, If you pass on a good buck you will likely never see him again.
congrats on the tag and best of luck to you.

Great information but I think he has an early archery tag. I think.... With as big of country as it is down there I would hunt the bucks you have seen during your other hunts. I would think they wouldn't be too far..

I have the late rifle tag gona cover as much ground as possible looking for a good solid deer, thanks for info guys cant wait!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom