unit 42 cleanup

creed

I know some of you guys hunt 42 so here is something to think about. There is going to be a cleanup there early next month. There is alot of trash starting to gather in some of the more popular spots. Another thing is that people are dumping tires. Big piles of tires are starting to show up.

Here's some info I got hold of.

Dear Volunteer,

Thanks for helping out on the first ever unit 42 clean up event. The main clean up and activities will take place on Saturday February 7, 2009. Directions to the camp are below and on the attached map. The roads are paved all the way with the exception of the last ? mile of graded dirt road to the camping area. If you are just coming out for the day please stop in at the information area for some guidance on where to park and what will be happening. If you are parking a trailer or pitching a tent we can also point you in the right direction at the info area. We will have some water available but you will need to bring any food with you or head to Wickenburg or Tonopah for supplies (20 miles each way). Our fire pits will be available to anyone wishing to cook or warm up during the day and night.

We will have various Information and Education displays and activities going on Saturday. Bring the kids and you may find something fun to do during the breaks from cleaning up trash. Some of the activities planned include an air gun station, geocaching, coloring, and maybe a live animal or two to check out.

I hope to see you there.

Craig Heath
Wildlife Manager III, Region IV
Arizona Game and Fish Department
9140 E. 28th Street
Yuma, Arizona 85365
623-882-2140
[email protected]

Note: The Arizona Game and Fish Department prohibits discrimination on the
basis of race, color, sex, national origin, age, disability in its programs
and activities. If anyone believes they have been discriminated against in
any Game and Fish program or activity, including its employment practices,
the individual may file a complaint alleging discrimination directly with
the Game and Fish Deputy Director, 5000 W. Carefree Highway, Phx., AZ 85086,
(602) 942-3000 or U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service, 4040 N. Fairfax Dr., Ste.
130, Arlington, VA 22203. If you require this document in an alternative
format, please contact the Game and Fish Deputy Director as listed above or
by calling TTY at 1-800 367-8939.

DIRECTIONS TO UNIT 42 CLEAN UP CAMP (see attached map)

From the south (about 23 miles total from Interstate to camp):
Get off Interstate 10 at 339th Ave (Exit 103) and go north (in Tonopah, west of Buckeye and Hwy 85).
Take 339th Ave north to Indian School Road (about 2 miles at stop sign)
Take Indian School Road west (left) to 355th Ave.
Take 355th Ave north (right) to stop sign at Vulture Mine Road (mile post 27.5).
Turn south (left) at intersection onto graded dirt road and follow signs to camp (you should see camp ? mile away).

From the north (about 22 miles total from Wickenburg to camp):
Take Hwy 60 west from the center of Wickenburg to Vulture Mine Road (at Safeway).
Take Vulture Mine Road south (left) and follow it about 20 miles to its end.
Go strait at the end of Vulture Mine Road and the Aguila Road intersection. The road turns to a graded dirt road and the camp is ? mile ahead on the left (follow signs).

I hope to see you guys there. Maybe I can squeeze some mule deer hunting tips from some of you. After my experiences this year I could certainly use some help.

Creed thanks for the info . I was planning on posting this my self but you beat me to it. It would be nice if some of the guys that hunt this unit and have the time show up. We plan on being there on Sat.

Quest

Arizona Hunting Guides & Outfitters

SilverGrand Outfitters

Offering mule deer, elk, antelope, bighorn sheep, javelina, and turkey hunts in Nevada and Arizona.

Arizona Elk Outfitters

Offering the serious hunter a chance to hunt trophy animals in the great Southwest.

A3 Trophy Hunts

An Arizona Outfitter specializing in the harvest of World Class big game of all species.

Arizona Strip Guides

Highly experienced and highly dedicated team of hardworking professional Arizona Strip mule deer guides.

Urge 2 Hunt

THE premier hunts in Arizona for trophy elk, mule deer, couse deer and javelina.

Shadow Valley Outfitters

AZ Strip and Kaibab mule deer, big bulls during the rut, spot-n-stalk pronghorn and coues deer hunts.

Back
Top Bottom