Unit 45 deer

The best advice I think someone can give is don't shoot the first decent buck you see. You have a special tag. Make it count. Good luck!

If you're willing to drop some cash, pay for access to McCaw's property. Those deer have gotten insane since they locked it up....

It's an interesting unit, others know it much better than I.

The one year my 12yr old son had a tag we could use there, it took 3 trips to find "deer". Their not everywhere. That was back in '06.

Things may have changed, but my top advice is to go as early and often as possible and figure out where the deer are. You won't be waiting for a migration, there are deer there now. Plan to hike.

I believe we spent 100% of our time on public, skirting the private, and eventually found a fair amount of horn, though we had little time to hunt and didn't shoot a monster, but did see two that were just too far for a 12yr old.

steelheader

SO SO TRUE!

I've been fortunate to draw a tag and my wife did twice. each day new deer would show up on the unit it was a New hunt every day we got closer to the end of Oct.

Congrads to the Hunter that drew like someone said do not shoot the first decent buck you see unless it's a true TOAD!!
it's a great and fun hunt and getting harder to draw. I think a lot of guys kill 170 deer and that's a heck of a deer but that unit holds so much more.

GOOD LUCK IM JEALOUS!!!

Jeez, it's called a phone book! or maybe someone will go find a nice buck and take you by the hand and lead you to it, so you can shoot it.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom