Unit 45 ELK

I

IDdesertman

Well, I've been putting in for the Manns Creek elk tag(unit 31) for many years now with no luck, and I've decided I'm done putting in for hunts with <5% draw odds. Anyways, I was checking out past odds and results from the past few years and pondering putting in for the later elk hunt in Unit 45. I dont know the unit very well and would appreciate any general info on the area, mainly if it is truely limited access as the f&g regs say, or if it has a bunch of 4wheeler tracks like so many other parts of this state. Thanks!

If you do a search I think you can find some comments on this hunt, but I will tell you that while there are some nice bulls there, most of the prime elk habitat is on the private land and getting permission is not likely.

Pm for more info

would you like to travel more?
when you book do yo go online?
Do you receive a commission on your travel?
would you like to ?

Thanks, that's a good thing to keep in mind. I do wonder though since it had a harvest rate above %70 in '06, people are clearly killing some elk. I would think that a majority would be coming off of public lands, but again I dont know the area all that well...

I hunted unit 45 this year- late season elk. I got a 5x5. all I have to say is you better have some money saved for your scouting. I scouted 23 days before the season and hunted 9 days before killing him. not that I did not see elk, in fact I saw elk every time I went. but if you are looking for somthing bigger than a spike, you better know a landowner.... and chances of getting on are slim. from the talk around town, maybe 1 bull over 300 inches gets taken a year, with every 3 years a 330 bull gets taken. do your home work and know where the private land is. some landowners patrol the area and will press charges for trespassers! its not as easy of a hunt as it might look.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom