unit 45 in trouble!

HUNTNNW

From another site:
Idaho's Premier hunting unit is taking a huge hit. A freak lighting storm rolled through the country side side a started a dozen or so fires, spreading the resources of the BLM thin. Fires Last night were burning out of control from The Mountain Home air force base to the face of Bennett Mountain.

The biggest concern is the winter range that has burned and is still burning as I write this. This burn is taking place were over 9,000 deer winter. This is not a little Fire, this is a catastrophic fire burning, what I estimate will be 20,000 thousand acres of winter feed for the deer, elk and antelope. Something is going to have to be done to protect our wildlife this winter. The ranchers and farmer are going to be inundated with animals in their fields.

My concern is that the Fish and Game will issue depredation tags and kill all the deer. Similar to what they did a few years ago on the Mayfield front. The deer have yet to come back from the 4,000 doe tags they issued.

Just though I would give you the heads up. No reason to to bring it up when the Game department has already made up its mind on how they are going to handle it. I will keep you posted. Many meetings are going to need to be had with land owners and the department if we are going to save our deer!

its early enough that fresh grass will shoot up by first snow and theres enough ranches and farms there that the animals will hit this winter i doubt theyll do that but i think i might put in for it though just incase i could use a nice 200 in buck on my wall

thats crazy! that means more deer will be in my winter range this year, sad :)

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom