Unit 47 Antelope

elkhunter7pt

Have tags for this unit along with Cow elk tag in unit 7 and Region J deer. Can anyone steer me in a good area to start, hunting the last two week of October. Thanks for any help

Almost anywhere in the Shirley Basin is good antelope hunting and 70 percent of it is public land.

LAST EDITED ON Sep-14-09 AT 06:31AM (MST)[p]Thanks for posting that..then we wonder why the tag creep is so bad in the west.

Calm down Chris,
The info Russ gave is available on the Wyo Game and Fish website, Eastman's hunting journal, Huntin' fool, etc.. Chip

Yeah there is good hunting all over the west but doesn't mean its gotta be posted all over the internet to anyone who asks.

No disreapect to the poster and I am not pointing anything towards him. This is just a general statement. I see way to often guys come on these website and ask questions because they are just too lazy to do their own research and their own scouting. I have no problems telling someone that asks about an area (everything I know) via PM about an area I have experience with.

It hurts more now then in all the years past, this is the first year in that area that people in our group weren't drawn, used to be a slam dunk. Thanks to guys like Eastman Journal, Huntin' Fool, and the internet.

Shirley Basin is no secret. You can't swing a dead cat out there without hitting another hunter. Last year there were more hunters than goats. It was almost comical...

I always have hunted the last part of the season and don't see hardly any hunters.I heard the first of the season is crazy.
I since started hunting eastern Wyoming on some Walk In Areas.It saves me a few driving miles and I always find animals.

Me and my son both have 47 antelope tags. I am taking him up there this weekend to try and get one with a bow. Can anyone tell me how much rain they have gotten in the last 24-48 hours? Thanks.

Nope, Didn't get a PM.

We hunted opening weekend even though it rained like crazy. We are sitting over water. Could have shot small bucks but decided to pass.

We will go back the end of october with rifles if we don't get them with our bows.

Thanks

me and my son both ended up getting bucks this last weekend. We sat over water in ground blinds. Lots of lopes but man are they skittish. Good luck to everyone else.

>me and my son both ended
>up getting bucks this last
>weekend. We sat over water
>in ground blinds. Lots of
>lopes but man are they
>skittish. Good luck to everyone
>else.

Let's see some pic's dude.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom