Unit 4B early rifle

acafton

My 12 yr. old son drew this tag. We are non-residents and a friend in AZ put him in thinking he would just build up points until later in life. We were surprised to get the tag. I know that in looking at the other early rifle hunts this one does not seem to compare in quality. Anyone had this tag in the past few years and can give some insight in what to expect?? Thanks in advance. Please PM me if you want to.

if you just want to build points for future hunts, you can just apply for the point only.......and wait for the hunt you really want. good luck....i bet it will still be an excellent hunt......yd.

Isolated "Pockets" of GOOD BULLS live in this unit.Congrats. to Your son,he beat tremendous odds of near zero % to draw.Hard to believe this Early bull hunt didn't draw out under the 20% factor that beats up N.R. applicants yearly.Lots of effort will be needed to make this a hunt to remeber ??? Again CONGRATULATIONS --- Bruce & SilverGrand

I spent a day and a half in 4b last year and located 3 bulls without any scouting. One bull was 325 and the others slightly smaller. They were bugling good which surprised me. I usually do not spend much time there. You should enjoy the hunt unless the drought shuts everything down.

You wont find a lot of huge bulls in the unit but it should be a good hunt. Especially considering the dates this year. Find some bugles and you should have good hunt with your son. Good luck.

Concentrate your efforts up in the Juniper flats to the North.Seen some nice bulls up there. Followed 3 younger bulls in the timber as well. Should be a good hunt though like the others say.

Arizona Hunting Guides & Outfitters

SilverGrand Outfitters

Offering mule deer, elk, antelope, bighorn sheep, javelina, and turkey hunts in Nevada and Arizona.

Arizona Elk Outfitters

Offering the serious hunter a chance to hunt trophy animals in the great Southwest.

A3 Trophy Hunts

An Arizona Outfitter specializing in the harvest of World Class big game of all species.

Arizona Strip Guides

Highly experienced and highly dedicated team of hardworking professional Arizona Strip mule deer guides.

Urge 2 Hunt

THE premier hunts in Arizona for trophy elk, mule deer, couse deer and javelina.

Shadow Valley Outfitters

AZ Strip and Kaibab mule deer, big bulls during the rut, spot-n-stalk pronghorn and coues deer hunts.

Back
Top Bottom