Unit 50

JFBNORTHERNHUNTER

hey how is everyone doing?

So has anyone been to unit 50 this year? I'll be tagging along with a friend on the first Bull hunt in Unit 50 and I was just wondering if anyone could pass some words of wisdom on to me. Trying to do both map and scouting homework on the unit to help make this hunt a successful hunt.

I've got the same unit, but 2nd rifle.

Sent you a PM with some info from a camping trip 3 weeks ago and some other stuff I've dredged up.

>hey how is everyone doing?
>
>So has anyone been to unit
>50 this year? I'll be
>tagging along with a friend
>on the first Bull hunt
>in Unit 50 and I
>was just wondering if anyone
>could pass some words of
>wisdom on to me. Trying
>to do both map and
>scouting homework on the unit
> to help make this
>hunt a successful hunt.
i have hunted unit 50 it is a cool place there,i have always wanted to go back and hunt elk there.it is not trophy quality but definetly quantity.hunt the river every morning and you can catch them coming up heading for the tree lines,i hunted out of questa,but havent been there in a few years now good luck to you all.i was in one of the most awesome hale storms of my life there.it was very cold in the mornings but was clear during the daytime.

RE: Unit 50 Update

We were able to get out today and do some scouting for the Bull Hunt coming up this next weekend in unit 50. We saw one nice 5x5 bull and had three bulls coming into our cow calls. Seems they are not into the bugle but cow calling has them on fire. This morning temps were in low 30s but by 11:00am it was in high 60s low 70s. Considering last night was a full moon and clear I think we had a successful scouting trip. Just hope they are doing the same next week. If anyone else has info to share on this unit please feel free to PM or post. I know this unit doesn't hold the large numbers of elk considering the size of the unit as its neighboring units but it is my buddies? first bull tag and the first tag his held in over 8 years so were trying to make it happen for him.

So ive got the 2nd rifle hunt. I live in albuquerque and ive been going up to unit 50 every weekend for the past 5 weeks get with me i would be glad to help .

AAA

my uncle has the first rifle hunt also never been there hunted unit 52 but never unit 50 all the info you guys can give will be greatly apprecaited thanks guys

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom