Unit 51 Bull Down

LAST EDITED ON Sep-25-15 AT 02:06PM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Sep-25-15 AT 01:52?PM (MST)

LAST EDITED ON Sep-25-15 AT 01:44?PM (MST)

This was my first archery hunt and let me tell you unreal I was surrounded by Elk they were bugling screaming tearing up trees and I had a very small window to shoot between a bunch of these bushes I saw the bull he was chasing cows through the brush I saw the tips of his antlers that time I pulled up Drew back he was a 40 yards from him and he was on the run after the cows he came across my window I let it rip one shot he ran about 40 yards and he was down I let 5 to 10 minutes pass and I walked over to him and looked at him and I got it was a perfect double lung shot went clean through him couldn't find my arrow such an amazing hunt and need experience thank you from the man above to let this happen thank you all This was a DIY Hunt

Andy

LAST EDITED ON Sep-19-15 AT 09:55AM (MST)[p]Bear domain 29 1/2 inch draw Easton axis slick trick Standard 100 gr trophy Ridge five pin site 65 pound draw

That's is a real good bull for 51, they really don't get alot bigger then him in that unit. One of the top bulls so far out 51 for the year that I had seen.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

I'll be down in 51 on the 3rd to scout for a week before the rifle opener on the 10th.
Have any areas that you'd recommend to scout.
I like the look of that lower country.
Thanks,
DBB

8747fullsizerender.jpg

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom