Unit 51 deer

I

idahoz7xhunter

I got one of the unit 51-1 late muzzy deer tags. I have never been in that area before. I am going up this weekend just to do some looking around. I know that in late hunts have a lote to do with how much snow we get. But I still want to look what I am getting myself in to. Any help would be apreshaded I am not looking for a honny hole but just somewhere to start from.

I drew the same tag, so any help that could be passed along would be much appreciated. I grew up in Idaho and now live in Wyoming, but I never hunted 51. Usually hunted to the southeast or east. I would be happy to share what I know about Wyoming, but I don't know much. Only been here for a few years.

Thanks BPKHunter that is exactly the kind of info I was looking for. How much snow on an average year and the class of bucks I can expect. It will be grate help. I live in twin and have lived in idaho my hole life. I have mostly hunted units 53,54,46,47,55,66,66A, and 76. ( I have a friend that lives in soda ) aparanly I have made some mad about this post and I am sorry. Becouse it sounds like I am looking for a hand out but I am not. I was under the impression that is what these forums are for. Any time I have hunted a new unit I have talked to farmers, ranchers and others that have hunted in the area in the past. I am grateful for the help.

I don't see any issues with your questions. Glad I could help. Feel free to share my response, but prefer you not post it up to the general public.

If others are giving you a hard time for asking for some basic info on a DRAW HUNT, don't worry about them.

I'll likely be in 51 helping a friend from here with the elk hunt again, maybe we'll run into each other. I'll be in a white GMC 2500 that doesn't look new anymore. My hair matches my truck....

I drew the tag with a buddy as well, I am willing to share Oregon info, Alaska Sitka blacktail info for information on starting points. Am open to ideas.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom