unit 51 info?

muley_crazy85

headed up tp unit 51 on the late season muzzleloader hunt on thursday i have hunted this hunt before it was back in 2009 it was a fun hunt we hunted around el rito. But i was wondering if any one had seen any bulls during the last rifle cow hunt and if anyone maybe knew if the northen part of the unit was better then the area around el rito. I am not asking for your spots just some general info on the elk and i can return the favor on mule deer in unit 32 and 33 and barbary sheep. PM me and we can trade info.... thanks

I will headed on that same hunt. I think it will be interesting because it is so dry and warm during the day. It will be noisy walking. 51 is a good unit, I am trying to figure myself where I want to focus my efforts during the hunt. Good luck on the hunt!!!

My uncle and I have that hunt as well. My guess is thats its gonna be rough one. We only had one snow storm up there a few weeks ago and most of the snow is gone now. It has also been warmer than normal. These elk are gonna be scattered and dug in like a tick. I dont think I will be too picky.

Good luck to you guys and hope to meet you up there.

i also have this hunt this coming weekend. went scouting and saw some elk but it is dry and they are not very active. This time last year we were seeing big herds all over the unit. I'm going to be hunting the northwest part of the unit. Did anyone else notice there is a youth hunt going on at the same time.

Myself and Elksniper will be out opening day. Unsure which part of the unit we'll be at but I did see the youth hunt. Unknown why G&F would allocate tags for five days when Fri-Mon-Tue are school days. Only anticipate youths being out Sat-Sun?? Should be an interesting hunt with the warm temps and no moisture. Good Luck to you all

I had the second cow hunt. Opening morning, driving to my spot, a single rag horn crossed the road in front of me, near FR 106. I was lucky and harvested a cow; she too was all by herself.

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom