Unit 52

nmff22

Went up to unit 52 for a couple of days and scouted. Walked a total of 7 miles the first morning. Hit 6 tanks and only 2 had water was kind if a bummer. I set up a trail cam on one tank got some pics of a small spike and he knocked it over. I guess he was a little curious.
I'm sure there were more elk coming in. Guess I have to make another trip to find out.
8078spike.jpg

Less tanks with water, Makes the herds use the same tanks, so sitting on the ones that have water will be a good thing if you can sit for long periods of time. Hunt Water morning and evening Hunt the thick stuff during the middle of the day.
Good Luck hope to see some good pictures.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

That is very true. We did that in 52, 6 years ago and got 2 4x4's out of the same hole. I'm going back up this weekend and I'll try to get more pics.

Good luck guys! 52 is my favorite and i have a tag for the early hunt but drew AZ as well, so all time is being used there.

There is a bunch of water holes in 52!Love that place and the 4x4's and dinks are always tasty!

Good luck to you as well!! Post pics if you get one in AZ. And yes the small ones are good no complaints here.

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom