Unit 53 3rd Season Deer Quality

stretch

I drew a unit 53 3rd season tag this year. I spent quite a bit of time looking at the winter range and picking up horns and never did see anything exceptional. From talking to some of the local mule deer experts it sounds like the quality has gone down hill the last few years. I thought about putting in for somewhere else but 53 is literlly in my back yard and I dont know of any super good units in the state right now.

I would be interested in hearing others experiences the last few years on the third season. I am not looking for hotspots or anything, I am just curious what kind of quality has been showing up.

Shoot me a PM if you are more comfortable with that.

I drew as a resident with 4 pts. I wasted a point but wanted to hunt rather than accumulate points. I know a lot of people that put in with 2 pts and didn't draw in fAct I don't know anyone that drew with 2 pts. Three points seems to be the magic number for residents. I am not sure what it takes for NR.

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom