Unit 53 Elk

HalfAce

Very Active Member
Hey fellas, im relatively new to MM. But was wondering if i could get a little input on this unit. I just finished up my fall semester in school and have a month off, and would really like to go hunt one more time to put some meat in the freezer with the time i have off before all rifle seasons are closed.

My question is, is there enough public land/access to this unit for me to hunt and find an elk?

I looked the unit over on google maps and also checked the harvest statistics online. Last year there were 17 elk harvested (4% success). And much of the unit (75%) is irrigated.

So do you think if i do alot of foot travel and look in places where people might not want to walk to, that i can find one? Do places exist on this unit where elk can hide or is it ALL exposed and out in the open? Or is this one of those units where a farmer goes out to feed his cows and runs into an accidental elk and shoots it?

I am a Non resident, and the prices of Lic & Tag are a little to high for me to "just go". Otherwise i probably would go.

I dont want your secret spots, just some general information that i CAN'T get without your help. And I Promise to post pictures if i go!=)

Thank you for your time,
Alek K.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom