Unit 54 Pronghorn Antelope.

Hello,

I wanted to read some thoughts about Pronghorn Antelope behavior from people with experience in the southern region of unit 54 - 15 minutes from Jackpot, Nevada.

I drew a rare limited rifle tag with my buddy, and began with a lot of scouting. On the scouting trip I was able to clock at least 30+. Weeks later, during opener, my friend harvested before we even go to our spot. I was not able to harvest due to faulty equipment.

Nevertheless, I waited about two weeks and headed there. This would be October 11-12th. In the entire solo trip - I was able to only see 2 antelope. One was a doe, and the other was not a shooter. They?ve vanished!

What the hell is going on? There is no hunting pressure, as there are only 25 rifle tags in the entire unit. I spoke to one group looking for Mule Deer, no one else though.

It was almost a full moon, could that be it? It was also quite cold, and I know these animals enjoy the warm more, so maybe they went across the border to find warmer places?

I'm going again next week, and any and all advice and thoughts welcome!

Thanks for reading!

- A

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom