Unit 6,7

J

johnbang

As far as amount of Elk is unit 7 better or unit 6? I know that the units are divided basically at the top of the mountains, just curious because one faces east and one west! Also one is harder to get a draw tag for than the other!

Unit 7 has tough access for the most part most hunt using horses to get up into the Rawahs and Shipmen Park to hunt. Unit 6 has more forest roads to access hunting. Both units have lots of private property down lower which can make access harder. Either unit is easy to get a tag for, they both generally have left over cow tags and Bull tags in 7 (unit 6 is OTC with the exception of the either sex 1st season) And yes there are elk in both units but I prefer to hunt unit 6 myself. Be prepared for the elk to head to private after the shots start.

Well, I had 1 resident PP going into the draw for a bull tag in 7 and I didn't draw, second choice was an archery tag and I guess I didn't get that either.... WTF!!!

Then you must have really bad luck a member of my family drew a bull tag in unit 7/8 on his second choice. Last year they had 1600 bull tags left over I'm sure they didn't cut back that many this year.

I found out that one of our hunt party members filled out the app wrong, causing our group app to get kicked.
2 of my buddies are BLM guys and they had a long conversation with dow and the found out what went wrong. There was 5 of us total on the app. any way, I also heard there is no left over muzzy bull tags for the area...I guess we will wait and see. I find that a little hard to believe...

There is next to nothing left for muzzleloader bull or cow tags left this year any where in the state.
I am going first rifle season cow elk somewhere on a leftover,but even these are not as many as prior years because the quota was cut do to lower elk numbers.

I hunted this unit for a few years there is never any left over bull muzzy tags usually just left over cow elk muzzy tags and looks like this year they are also sold out!

I don't see where you guys were asking about any muzzy tags. My bad they had lots of leftovers last year for rifle and archery.

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom