unit 6 a elk

F

firedup

can someone tell me what to expect on a muzzy hunt oct 8 - 12 the outfitter is telling me 300 to 320 bulls are common to see in that unit? is there alot of elk in that country, also whats the terrain like. and who be the best outfitter in that unit
thanks in advance

LAST EDITED ON Jul-08-11 AT 01:39PM (MST)[p]IMO it should be a little better this year in that unit due to the fire. The average bull taken on the caldera 2 years ago during my muzzy hunt was 285 according to the manager. Mine was 295. If you see a 320 bull do not hesitate. They are there but not commonplace.I believe there supposed to be around 6k elk in the jemez. Over half of which live on the caldera. There rest are divided up between 6a,6c,bandelier, santa clara pueblo and maybe jemez pueblo land. If you hunt hard you should do fine. If you use a outfitter do your homework and get one that has at least 3 verified 6a references(hunters). Hope that helps.

Mountain States Guide Service, contact Rob Degner. They know that country as good as anyone.

Hunt Hard. Shoot Straight. Kill Clean. Apologize to No One.

Give Phil and PJ a call at Poleo Creek Outfitters, 6a is thier back yard. They literally live on the border of 6a and 6c and have had great sucess with elk hunters over the years.

If you hunt hard and stay off the roads.you'll find some good bulls. Los Conchas fire will play a big factor on where the elk herd will be,good luck

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom