Unit 61 3rd season deer?

Ynothunt41

Hi All,

I would like to burn my 12 NR deer points next year and was looking at unit 61 3rd deer season. I live 1800 miles away so I will not be able to scout. I would love to hunt with an outfitter but I don't have the funds. Anybody willing to give me information on this hunt? I am willing to go elsewhere if I am looking at the wrong unit (I have hunted Wyoming but I have never hunted Colorado).

Thank you very much for your help.

I was there 2nd season last year and 3rd season this year and between the 2 years I did not see one buck that would be worth your points and the distance for your drive, with that said it depends on your standards. I am not a trophy hunter so I would have shot anyone of them. Most I saw were smaller 4x4's....atleast that's what I saw in the area I was hunting.

LAST EDITED ON Dec-03-15 AT 06:44PM (MST)[p]Take it for what its worth I was hunting in 61 2nd season last yr. two guys in the group had buck tags and up eating the tags.Some guys did see 120,130 class bucks,it was non guided.The hunt was on the warm side and alot of rain, where we were at.At four guys never saw a huge buck,but it was 1st time in that area.

There are giant record book bucks in 61, primarily because it is such a remote and difficult unit to navigate. Locating them is the key, as there is a lot of useless terrain that could easily waste a hunter?s entire season. The later the season, the more those giant bucks consolidate in the same wintering ground areas. Learn the unit ahead of time, and start crossing off the crap spots. It is one of the coolest units in the state to hunt with incredible scenery. You will waste a lot of gas, but no free handouts here...

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom