Unit 61

MountainSqwabler

How many points does it take to draw a bull tag or either sex in unit 61 for archery or 1st rifle? I've looked at unit 40 for next year but I'm not happy with how much private there is.

I think it around 15-16 for archery. Depends on if your a res or not. I Also think 1st is about 11? Check out top rut.

27 Non-resident points 1st rifle
20 Resident points 1st rifle
24 Non-resident points archery
15 Resident points archery
You can add a point to those to get a better idea what it will probably be.

Looking the Colorado Big Game Statistics web page I am seeing 25 NR points for muzzy, 24 NR points for 1st season and 22 points for 2 nd-4th seasons, 27 NR points for early rifle and 24 NR points for archery.

You are going to get 10 guys that are going to tell you the hunting has gone downhill. Another couple that'll tell you it's great. If you can get the tag, go for it, have fun, and don't worry about what anyone else says.

Message Danno in town here. He and his boys hunted it a few years back. They hunted early rifle and got run around by the elk in the oak scrub. Even so, he smiled telling about their experience.

You are going to get 10 guys that are going to tell you the hunting has gone downhill. Another couple that'll tell you it's great. If you can get the tag, go for it, have fun, and don't worry about what anyone else says.
Yeah Ive run into that. I like the look of 61 over 40 because there seems to he more public

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom