Unit 62 or 70 Deer?

gotthefever

LAST EDITED ON Mar-22-08 AT 09:24PM (MST)[p]I am looking for some advice from anyone who has hunted in unit 70 for muleys. I hunted CO for the first time last year and went 3rd season unit 62. We saw a ton of 150 / 160 deer and I ended up connecting on a 176 buck and had a lot of fun. I am definetly hooked on CO muleys! I am considering going 3rd season unit 70 but would appreciate some advice from those of you who have hunted there before.

Thanks for the help.

GTF

I'm assuming you are a Non-Res?If you used your points last year on your unit 62 hunt it will take a couple years to draw unit 70 3rd.Although you could buy a landowner tag.

70 took 2 last year and 62 only took 1. 70 is HUGE and very diverse. Don't know 62 but after hunting 61 last year, I'll never wait that long to hunt Colorado again so it'll either be 70 every third year or 62 every other yea for me.

I purchased a land owner tag last year and likely have enough points to draw 70 this year if i choose to. Where i have not hunted it before, i was just looking for someone to to give me the nod that i am making a good decision on going there vr the unit i hunted last year.

Sounds like 62 would be a good choice since you have been there in the past. Those bucks you passed would be decent bucks in 70.

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom