Unit 62 Weather

JSTWIG22

Just wondering if anyone has been in Unit 62 the last few days and was wondering what the weather is like. Temp? Leaves changing colors? Any info appreciated. Thanks for your time! I will there for the 2nd muledeer season.

The Wife and I were in there one week ago. It was rainy and cool, some leaves were changing up high. Down low brush was losing it's greeness due to drought stress. I'll be in 61 second season for a buck.

good luck,

Bean

I was in that area yesterday - warm and dry for the past few days. Aspens and oak brush are turning. The temp was 82 when we left Montrose.

Hunted 62 from the 19th thru the 27th. Colors are finally changing but as of monday the 28th there were still a few aspens holding their green. There was also a forest fire that started just before noon on monday in the general area of Colombine Campground(could have been anywhere from upper monitor mesa to upper 7N mesa, couldn't tell for sure from our location but it was pumping out the smoke in 20mph west winds). By the end of the archery hunt we were starting to see some deer tracks well down into the pinion/juniper country around the 6800 foot level. I think the first season rifle guys will have an awesome elk year there this year as the rut wasn't even close to full swing by the end of bow season. Good luck on your deer hunt!

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom