unit 64 Antelope

oilcan

Long Time Member
I drew a unit 64 Antelope tag and was wondering if anyone has hunted opening day in this unit recently?I hear alot of people say they hunted the middle or end of the season to avoid the crowds and was wondering just how crowded it really is?I can get there the day before the opener and scout all day and hunt 2-3 days then return the 2nd week if needed or skip the opener and hunt the 2nd week after my Elk hunt.I've never hunted Antelope in Wyoming so i don"t know what to expect as far as the crowds on the opener.Any info would be appreciated.

I drew this same hunt, but we are looking at going toward the end of the season. I like to hunt later when it gets cooler, but I am not sure when the rut is over in that unit. Any ideas?

oilcan -go after Oct 1 . We were there Oct 3 last yr. Didnt see a single soul. Lots of bucks ,but it was raining ,tough to glass.If the weather is good ,the hunt will be good. Not sure how the opener will be as far as crowds

I hunted 64 five years ago. I went towards the end of the season, and there were thousands of antelope. And no other hunters. The rut was winding down somewhat but it is still a very easy hunt. You can easily see as many as 100 different bucks in a day. Bring good optics and DONT SHOOT the first buck you see that looks big. There will be a bigger one down the road. Look for a couple of days before you shoot at one. There are some book bucks that come out of 64 so be picky. Good luck.........

"Look for a couple of days before you shoot at one."

From what I hear, Oilcan "shoots" at a lot of goats....'til he actually hits one!! HaHa! Just kidding...couldn't let that one go by.

Steve

It's all good Wiszard.Actually i"m 100% on Antelope I've been on one Antelope hunt in California in the Mid 90'S 1 shot, one Goat and he's on my wall.Now if we want to talk Ducks thats a different story.I always try to give them at least one warning shot.LOL

LOL Oilcan....just giving you a hard time. I've never hunted ducks but did go trap shooting about a month ago for the first time in a LONG time. I was shooting with about 11 other guys that all had, what looked like, very expensive shotguns. Needless to say, my 870 or my "eye" could not compete in the least with any of those guys. I was thoroughly embarrased. I think I hit 1, maybe 2 pigeons. When I walked up to the shoot with my gun slung on my shoulder, one guy told me that we're shooting, not watching. I was definately the odd man out with my 870 with a sling!

Steve

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom