unit 64 elk

canyoncrosser

So I drew a unit 64 tag for Nov 1- 15. Never hunted the area, but I'm starting to do my homework. Is anyone familiar with the unit and can anyone tell me somthing quirky or special to the unit that I might not learn any other way?

Did you have points? Reg. or special? One of my buddies hunted it last year but he didn't draw this year. He loved it. I will get you some more info.

get the permission slip for the hunter management area, go to timberline if snow will let you, horses will be a plus. archery season is also good!

It would be a bad idea to take advice from you on what to shoot and what to pass I'm thinking there Bandit. I'm guessing you don't have much self control.

Sent you a PM. With some basic info, if you have more detailed questions feel free to ask and I will try to help the best I can. Rob

That last comment applied to the late hunt. the earlier hunt is area 63,64. it would be a great choice for both archery and rifle. several of the elk are allready on the box H, spring gultch, penoyers and HD ranch during the late rifle hunt. to my knowledge the spring gultch will let you in for a trespass fee of around $750 last I checked. This wouldn't be a bad option. there are good elk at the head of prospect. a guy may be able to DIY with horses into this blm, it would require a good gps and 5-7 miles on horse.

There are some real nice elk in this unit. I have shot a cow and a bull in this unit and I love the terrain it has to offer. The bigger elk that I have seen were during the archery season. I haven't been there for a number of years but a nice 6pt could be doable. If you want a monster then expect to hunt the whole season. Then maybe you might get the break you need, other wise should be a fun hunt for an elk. Good luck

So, you come on here, ask a bunch of questions, get some good replies and some PM's. Then when someone asks how you did you say ''I had a nice time'' ??? I'll bet you don't get as much info the next time you ask. Nice.

>So, you come on here, ask
>a bunch of questions, get
>some good replies and some
>PM's. Then when someone asks
>how you did you say
>''I had a nice time''
>??? I'll bet you don't
>get as much info the
>next time you ask. Nice.
>

So where were you when I needed you Chip? I have made good with all who gave me some help.

Well Jeff, If I could have helped you I would have. I have no knowledge of that unit. Not trying to be a pr**k, I'm just sayin' that you had no problem asking for help publicly and there were many on here that jumped in an offered help. So when someone asks how you did in my opinion the decent thing to do would be to give at least a general summary of your hunt - not blow 'em off with some smart ass answer. But thats just me. I guess we look at things differently. Chip

You know, I really hate it when I lose one of these internet arguements. You're right, I knew I was being a prick when I wrote it. But like I said for those who took an interest I spoke to and sent pics. I just didn't feel like posting for all to see, for my own reasons.

I look foward to help the next guy if asked.

P.S. I took a 300 bull if that helps.

canyon congrats on your hunt.I'm lookin info on 64 I've got max points for elk,deer,and goats.I am thinking about burning my goat points in 64 and am curious about the late season elk hunt.Any info will help. Thanks tail

He's going back and doesn't want to hurt his draw odds. For every guy who posts, there are 10 just picking up info.

I don't know anyone involved in this discussion but personally I have no problem helping folks IN a tough draw unit once they have the tag cause I'll probably never draw those tags again. BUT my every other year, lots of dead elk spot, NEVER!!

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom