Unit 70 3rd season

B

bucksandducks

First time hunting unit 70 can anyone give advice where we should start looking, we have Deer and Elk tags. Was wondering if anyone is seeing deer at the lower elevations yet. Any help would be appreciated

Better atleast stop in the basin store and tell Lonnie hello....also, if it were me I'd demand she make you a grilled onion and over easy egg hamburger!! She'll tell you no BUT keep smoozing her and she'll cave :)

Sit tall in the saddle, hold your head up high, keep your eyes fixed to where the trail meets the sky...

Clint, you ever had their fresh baked pies? Also, if you can eat their double cheese burger completely you're a monster. It is huge.

It is open now. pc

Never have ate the pies there but I'm sure they are to die for. Also, keep an eye open(or closed) for the girl nextdoor haha I hear she likes to walk around not wearing much!

Sit tall in the saddle, hold your head up high, keep your eyes fixed to where the trail meets the sky...

Its the old redvale CCC camp if you take the first right after passing the store on the redvale rd and then drive until the pavement ends and turn left its where everyone gets there water. The camp shut down in the 40's. Hope that makes since Paul.

LAST EDITED ON Oct-28-13 AT 01:30PM (MST)[p]Heading out on Wednesday just wondering how the hunting was for the 2nd season.

Huntdux sent you a PM

Huntdux, I know exactly where you ate talking about. Lots of people camp there. Straight shot up to Hamilton Mesa through the burn. Also, when you make the right turn that hose on the corner used to be a schoolhouse. pc

>Its the old redvale CCC camp
>if you take the first
>right after passing the store
>on the redvale rd and
>then drive until the pavement
>ends and turn left its
>where everyone gets there water.
>The camp shut down in
>the 40's. Hope that makes
>since Paul.

Must be the same place a whole bunch of people camp!

So is the Basin Store/Caf? Closed or not?

I used to know of places worth Hiking in to for Elk & Deer!
Thanks to Illegal Bastards & the USFS not enforcing Rules you can Zing in to them Places on Wheelers now & not see a Damn thing!
But by GAWD it don't take long for them U-Tards to get there with all the Unethical BS and the New Technology!

I knew you would as soon as I described it better Paul. I heard that by the houses and store there used to be a hotel but it burnt down quite a few years ago. Don't known if that's true though. Do you know if the Griffith's really sell off all there land for 12 million that was the story spread around while i was back there
Darren

The first time I went to CO was 1979, and it was an old store and hotel. It was run by an old lady. It burnt down a few years later, and rebuilt the way you see it today. The old store was really cool. I've never heard of the Griffiths. Where was their property located? When did they sell? The only BIG landowners I know personally are the Snyders and Bob Bray.

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom