unit 70 Antelope

carbonnation

My brothers, dad and I drew this unit as a second choice. Dad hunted it many years ago and shot the biggest buck of his life. Turns out that my older brother won't beable to make the trip for the opener so we are going to all wait and go when we can hunt together. Does anyone know much about the walk in areas in this unit? F&G don't have the info up yet. I'm worried that the goats will be pushed onto private later in the hunt. Any help will be appreciated.

For what its worth - I've never hunted unit 70 but I quit hunting the opening day of Antelope season about 20 years ago. By the 3rd week of the season there are virtually no hunters around and the quality of the hunt improves dramatically. I've shot some pretty nice goats later in the season so I wouldn't worry about having them all shot off either. GOOD LUCK

Buddy and I got the tag out of leftovers last year. Worst antelope tag I have had in Wyoming, and I mean it is hard to have a bad tag in Wyoming. The walk in areas were devoid of antelope and most of the zone is private which we knew going in. There is some public in the northwest corner of the zone that held some goats last year and we could have eeeked out a couple there. We ended up paying a tresspass fee, significant fee for Wyoming, and hunting private after 4 days or so just to get it over with. Hopefully this year is better and you have a good hunt but I doubt it. Shoot me a PM and I will let you know where we saw goats on public. Bring a gps or a good map because its tight quarters and the lines are confusing.

hunted 70 last year oct. 11-13. The walk-in area's had no antelope. we ended up hunting on a ranch and it was still really tough. I did see some on the BLM but they were very skitish. get a landowner list and start calling, keep the BLM ground for a back up plan. Good Luck.

Thanks for the replys...... I knew that we would be in for a tougher hunt, but I didn't realize it was that tough. We are not out to break any records, but we would like to take a buck. Any advice on when to hunt? If we wait until the end of october would it be better or worse?

I would hunt the last days of the season. They will no doubt be skittish, but the majority of hunters will hunt the first few days and be done. They will wander back onto public land. Keep a low profile and use your glass. Then use the terrain to get in close enough for a shot. Like deer, glassing from a high spot and then working in is usually effective.

Me and my friend hunted 70 last year as a second choice hunt. Saw a lot of small bucks and a couple of good ones but we ended up killing a 80" gross buck and a 75' gross buck. We saw a buck over 82' but never got a shot. We were really happy with the area for a back up tag!

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom