Unit 70 Deer Non Resident Draw odds...?

B

BQHIdaho

Has anyone else seen the odds for this unit.. UNREAL! Only 18 out of staters put in and 8 drew a tag.. what are the odds of that! and 350 residents put in for the tag with only 175 tags.. HUMMM...

Do the math.

185 total tags. Nonresidents get 8 tags. That means nonresidents get about 4.5% of the total tags. Residents get about 95% of the tags.

Here ya go. Residents = 175 tags or 94.5%
Nonresidents = 8 tags or 4.5%\

I haven't a clue about unit 70. Seems like a pretty easy draw to me as a resident at 50 %.

Try drawing a Magic Valley or Southwestern Region tag. The odds are less than 6% and some as low as 2% in most quality units.

I think they may be hovering over unit 70. There are alot of mature deer in 70 due to the seasons in the past. 6 day, 4 point or larger.. Duh, I can do the math, my problem with it is only 18 out of staters put in.. 8 drew.. thats not right. Its not like 50 out of staters put in and 8 drew. The ODDS don't make since. 18 to 8 ODDS... Something just smells funny and its not me.. well, no its not me.. Where this unit is so close to Utah.. I wonder if they are trying to lead them up this way for the money... Maybe..

Idaho limits non-residents to UP TO 10% of the tags. NR hunters are in the same pool as residents until they reach the cap and then they cut them off. For this hunt NR only drew about 5% of the tags, half what they could theoretically have drawn. The odds don't seem that far off to me, about half the residents who put in drew (177/350=.5), and a little less than half the non-residents who put in drew(8/18=.44). Nothing seems fishy about that in my book.

Dax

10% cap. At least know the percentages and do the math before you cry fowl. Theoreticaly, 17 of the 18 could have drawn to meet the full 10%. And those 8 that drew are going to have a harder hunt than you let on!

They wont have a harder time if they have the dough. This unit is not land lock by private owners... most of it is very accessable.
Bry... trying to get me to move? ;-)

The Idaho Fish and Game can't determine the number of Nonresidents that apply for controlled hunts?

Just another brilliant post by BQH.... Without your insight where would we all go????? Good job stud.

Pull your head out of your arse chuckar. thats not what i said stupid. I said if only 18 out of staters apply.. 8 should not draw. I said I don't agree with the quota of tags for out of staters. My god people get a little more personal would ya. And yet another brilliant post... wtf. CHUCKAR, learn how to read. We should call this the CHUCKAR SPIN ZONE.

ID residents actually have it pretty good. Lots of states (UT, CO, NV) actually have separate pools for non-residents with a guaranteed percentage of the tags. If Idaho had that, then 17 of the 18 would have drawn. As a non-resident, I wish ID had a separate draw for 10% of the NR tags, the odds would be lots better for some of the hunts. Non-residents get it pretty hard from ID with only an "up to" 10% of the tags, and a $140 license purchase just to apply. I am not complaining though, but you have to realize you could be like CO and have 65/35 resident/non-resident tag splits with a separate draw.

Dax

Stupid? Pull your head out? Learn how to read? Talk about personal. Wow!

Tell ya what, my reading is a hell of a lot better than your spelling. You mispelled the word "chukar" 3 times in your post. And that's not even the funny part, the funny part is the word "chukar" is spelled correctly in the post above yours and your to "stupid" to notice and spell it right.

Bottom line, Idaho residents recieved 95% of the tags in Unit 70. Nonresidents recieved about 5% of the tags. As a resident, I have no clue what your gripe is.

CHUCK-AR... get it now... to far over your head. CHUCK... ANYWAY... Ask any resident of any state if they like non residents hunting in their state... Most will say they don't like it.. I am one of them. Most have a lack of respect for our state, and sure, the residents do the same crap too. But it is much easier to bag on an non res than a res for the crap some do. Most figure they pay taxes and such to secure hunting opprotunities and don't like folks that don't.. in theory.. taking what they pay for. I speak only as one persons opinion. But have heard others say the same. Ya, we could be like Colorado.. but we are not. Money aside, tags are hard enough to come by for alot of residents and I feel they should have the rights to the tags before any non resident. Read the posts. "Foiled again, no tag." "Been 15 years and only drawn two tags." ECT. JUST AN OPINION. Bottom line, if you don't like my posts, don't read them or reply to them. I didn't make you read it or reply. So.. what else is there to say CHUCK... guess you still may not get it. CHUCK.

Get a Damn clue BHQIdaho! I am a non resident who hunts in Idaho. I have plenty of respect for the beautiful state of Idaho!!! 5% of tag numbers to non residents? I,d say you got it pretty good!!! Lay off the goof balls!

Why don't you get a DAMN clue lonetree. I said MOST NON RESIDENTS. F*! LEARN TO READ. or don't you read so well.. hauck hauck.
SINCE YOU DON'T LIVE HERE AND PAY TAXES... by the way your app fee's and tag fees don't count in my book... YOU ARE HELD TO A HIGHER STANDARD THAN RESIDENCE. so, when one screws up.. it ruines it for all non res. Never have I ran into a decent non resident while hunting. Its left a bad taste in my mouth.
No, Alabama has it good with lots of doe and buck tags per person in the state. How would that be. Being able to shoot does and bucks in one season. Now they have it pretty good.
And good for you, keep respecting the state and its wildlife. Maybe you just might change my mind about non residents...

Never have I
>ran into a decent non
>resident while hunting.

Get out of your truck more. I ran into a lot of NR in the Frank Church last year. 95% were great people I'd hunt with anyday.

LAST EDITED ON Jul-03-08 AT 10:09AM (MST)[p]Who's Chuck?

Same thing. I ran into some guys from California last year on a general season hunt in Idaho. They were just as nice and respectable as can be. As a resident of Idaho I could care less if nonresidents hunt here. There are always some bad apples, but you will have that no matter which state you are in.

I would say most of the members on Monster Muleys are nonresident hunters. It's a common thing to apply and hunt in other states to learn and hunt in different areas.

Have you ever read my post about ATV's Bry.. Obviously not. I hate any form of motorized travel while hunting. I don't use a vehicle to hunt, but the non residents do and thats what pisses me off. All I hear is four wheelers, dirtbikes and pickup trucks driving all over hell. And guess who I always run into up on the mountain I spent 4 hours hiking up.. a non resident on an atv... They have the balls to ask me, "seen any elk or deer up here" I just wanna shoot the SOBs where they stand. "I'm for California... not real familiar with the area.. can you help me?" AHHHHH! Get my drift now...

Thanks for your inlightment Chuck-ar.
Last time I checked I didn't make you reply to the comments made.
I will help folks who I feel are good, genuine people. You and your left wing buddies don't apply.

NRs I ran into were in the Wilderness backpacking their deer and elk to the airstrips. They were serious hunters.

BQHIdaho,

Your ranting and raving isn't going to get you very far on this site. Everytime I read one of your posts, I can't help but picture Yosemite Sam's jumping up and down screaming with his fiery temper.

I grew up hunting a mountain that attracted gobs of non-residents. I cussed them out every year while growing up. There are bad apples in every bunch, but now, generally speaking, I find that non-residents are serious hunters. I've learned it wasn't as much the non-residents that were bikin' behind signs , and abusing their hunting rights, but the locals.

I've met non-residents from Idaho, Wisconsin (those Wisconsin boys can hunt!), Wyoming, California that were exceptional hunters, just looking for more opportunity to be out enjoying nature than what their state has to offer. Most of the grumpies (frowns and glares) you see on the mountain will come from the locals. And to many, local doesn't mean you live in the same state, but within the county.

I've hunted Idaho and will do so again this year. I drew an antelope hunt. Idaho has a serious issue with ATV's that hopefully they can address. I've had several frustrating hunts where after hiking in several miles, a local rode their atv off-road into "their secret spot"... You are always a non-resident somewhere.

BQHidaho, I think ID should change their regulations also. They should have seperate draws for NR and RES. I do feel sorry for some RES though, one guy has been putting in for 15 years and no tag! WOW he should of been puttin in for UT and he would of drawn already. I put in for 2 years and already drew a antelope tag this year for rifle! So I am happy. And I will respect your state. You just need to calm down a little and people will respect you a little more.
CC

I've hunted all the western states for years & still do when I can draw a tag.Over the years I've seen bad hunters that were Non-residents & residents in all of the states.To lump ALL non-residents into the BAD category is the dumbest thing I've heard in quite some time.Does that mean that a resident from Idaho that draws a desert sheep tag in Arizona all of sudden is an A-hole?One person on this thread needs to think a little before he pushes "Post Message"!!!!!!!
David

BQHIdaho

You could always come and hunt with me on the controlled hunt I drew this year. 2 out of the last three years. If a guy hasn't drawn a tag in 15 years he might want to try applying in a different unit with better odds.

True dat. Why some ask themselves why I rant sometimes about tags and atvs.. well, talking to F&G got me nowhere, Asking folks to respect the land got me a middle finger several times, and the county doing there job.. no way.
This is the only place it seems I can let go of some of my frustration without getting a middle finger or a fist fight because I stood up and would put up with the illegal use of atvs on public and private land. I'm not here for respect.. just to blow some steam about issues that really bother me.
Sorry to offend some, but it helps to get it off my chest.
Lonetree, thanx for the offer. Appreciate it.
Im not a bad guy, just tired of some things happening around me and some don't seem to care.
Frustrating when I hear a fish and game official say how cool a trailer of four wheelers looks to a guy I just ran off private ground because he had those "cool" atvs on the property. I unfortunatly dont have alot of time to go to places like Frank Church.. or believe me, thats where I would be.
I am affraid one day I am going to hit a kid on the road on an ATV with my truck and kill him or her because the local law enforcement won't do there jobs.
I dont want that on my mind the rest of my life.
I appreciate the fact I can voice out my concernes on MM.
It helps. Just don't take what I say too personal.
MM helps with the stress. Great place to come and unwinde.

>Have you ever read my post
>about ATV's Bry.. Obviously not.
>I hate any form of
>motorized travel while hunting. I
>don't use a vehicle to
>hunt, but the non residents
>do and thats what pisses
>me off.
BQHIdaho,
How would you run over a kid on a 4 wheeler if your not driving a vehicle?Wouldn't hurt him much unless you walk real fast!!!!
David

BQHIdaho,

Are you being seen by a doctor???? On any medication??....You are a loose cannon.

JB

LAST EDITED ON Jul-03-08 AT 11:14PM (MST)[p]For all the kid's sake,I hope he's not driving under medication!!!!!
David

I am not a loose cannon, gaud jb, you are such a turd.
I think you just run around MM trying to sture up problems.
Drnaln.. I am talking in general driving.. outside of hunting season. Just driving down my own road kids are constantly pulling out in front of me with atvs. It is rediculosly out of hand. You want a dead kid on your mind the rest of your life? I sure as hell don't thankyou very much.

D.. you didnt answer the question directed to you... I think its because you know I am right.
Maybe I'll send a round over your way to celibrate the Fourth.

You guys have got to know that BQH is a 13 year old kid, right? There's no way a grown man could act like such a d-bag.

>D.. you didnt answer the question
>directed to you... I think
>its because you know I
>am right.
>Maybe I'll send a round over
>your way to celibrate the
>Fourth.
BQHIdaho,I'm smart enough to slow down when children are playing.Maybe you should wise up or should I say grow up?
David

HOW ABOUT PARENTS DOING THEIR JOB. KEEP YOUR KIDS OFF THE ROAD!!
I LIVE ON A MOUNTIAN WITH WYNDY ROADS... SOMETIMES YOU CANT SEE THEM.. I HAVE THE LOBIDO OF A 13 YEAR OLD.. AND BEING 46.. MY WIFE LOVES THAT ABOUT ME!

>HOW ABOUT PARENTS DOING THEIR JOB.
>KEEP YOUR KIDS OFF THE
>ROAD!!
BQHIdaho,Are you mad at the parents,Fish & Game or non-residents?You seem to just be mad in general!Whatever it is,you do make me laugh with your non-sense!!!!
David

Reading all this has made me dumber. I think I could actually feel my brain cells evaporate, and I dont have many to spare.
Thank you all involved, I am now dumber than a bucket of horse sh!t.

i think someone is going through Menopause?????????????!!!!!!!!!?????????!!!!!!!??????!!!!!!????! that is a question and a statement!

BQH you have the honor of claiming my MM posting "Cherry". This is my first serious venture after having lurked about for sometime now...

I've read numerous posts by you on the various Forums, and the Mustang issue immediately comes to mind. You certainly have some strong opinions on several issues. Nothing wrong with that, but something you must remember is that strong words never validate a weak argument.

You certainly have an enormous erection concerning NR hunters, but this particular eruption regarding Unit 70 is severely misplaced. The math doesn't lie, and you are beating a dead horse to continue pushing the issue... no pun intended either.

Most residents hold some animosity towards NR hunters regardless of the state in which we reside. That's understandable, but most are quick to get over it and don't blame the NR's for every problematic issue we face in our home state. NR dollars are such an important revenue source to every state, that it's a fact of life we all will deal with forever. The bottom line is that NR's are proportionately as good and bad as we the residents are in any given situation.

Your general distaste for your NR visitors is an issue best directed to your game and fish officials, or perhaps your state legislators. They are the only ones that may be able to make things as you wish they were. Continuing to boil and steam at the NR's fortunate enough to draw a handful of permits will do nothing to ease your burden. As you alluded to, the G&F are not likely to do anything to make it as you'd like, so it's best to figure out how to adjust rather than continuing to boil over.

Hope you have a good fall season, get a buck or a bull or two, and maybe have a good encounter with a few of your NR brothers and sisters. Good luck.

Hogliquor.

Thank you Hogliquor for saying what we were all thinking, as well as IDdesertman post 32 and IDbucks post 36 you guys all hit the nail on the head.
As for you BQHIdaho, before you get back on here and misuse your keyboard again; think about some of these posts. Understand the statistics and the fact that these NR hunters have a 44% chance to your 50% chance. And they are willing to accept these odds while paying much more than you do. You pay 12.75 + 6.25 to put in for a hunt, while the NR pays 141.50 + 6.25 to put in for a hunt. And if they do draw they have to pay 258.50 for their tag + 7.75 for the permit. Every NR hunter who draws a tag brings in $414 in revenue to ID F&G compared your (12.75+6.25+19.75+7.75)=$46.5. So the NR pays almost 9 times the amount you do with a 6% less chance of getting that same opportunity to hunt the same deer. So if anything you should be thanking these generous NR hunters for providing added revenue to the F&G which probably helps keep your tags fees cheap. More importantly you should thank the ID F&G for being so harsh on these NR with high prices and the 10% cap on number of tags drawn by NR hunters.
Secondly BQHIdaho, I'm not trying to attack you personally, just trying to help you out. If you feel the need to vent or "blow off some steam" about something, do it to a close friend or family member; that way if you are completely wrong you only look like an ass to one person.

Peace

BQH, maybe I'll get honored by being called a "turd" or "stupid" by you but who cares what YOU think!?!?

I agree whole-heartedly with Hog and Shed!!!

And you spoke about taxes. Whose land are you huntin on anyways?? If it's public, then its ours too.

1) The US Forest Service and BLM doesn't just get $$ from Idaho citizens!!!!!!!!!

2) I bet I pay more taxes than you do based on your demonstrated education level!!!!!

Hunter

Wow this looks a little rough in here but i doubt you idaho guys have much to complain about. come try tardville if there aint a road here tards just make one. its atv capitol of the world!

Bury me in the hills so i can fertilize the grass and grow bigger animals for the rest of ya

BQH, I know your going to want to say some kind of smart A comment after taking all the verbal abuse- DON'T. I find that the best thing about this site is seeing the pictures of other hunters success, possibly getting some good information, and hearing others hunting stories. All positive. Don't be so negative. I was one of the 50% of residents that didn't draw that tag. It sucks. I'll join the hundreds of others that will concentrate on unit 71. Instead of complaining about the four wheelers and Non-residents. GO HIGHER. I sat less than 1/4 mile above the boundary line trail in 71, four wheelers everywhere, but deer everywhere too. THose guys on atvs don't see the animals. Dude, just be happy and enjoy the outdoors.

You guys have been real busy since my departure unexpectidley due to my accident. I am done on MM. read my post on campfire.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom