Unit 71/711

• Thread starter VegasBuckHunter11
  • Start date
V

VegasBuckHunter11

Just wanted to see if anyone has hunted any of the rifle seasons so far? If so how was it? Is the rut getting going? Im heading up in less than a week for the 4th season rifle. Pretty excited first time ever hunting CO.

We had two hunters 2nd season and two hunters 3rd and hunt was tougher than usual. We ended up taking two bucks over 170 and two bucks over 180. Hope you have some success just left and seen two mid 180's this morning chasing does.
Curtis Wilson
Monarch Mountain Taxidermy

Just got done with the 3rd rifle elk in unit 711, seen most of deer along the edge of the Forest Service boundary next to the private or on the private land. I hunted up at 7600 to 9200 ft and seen quite a few tracks, but only one set of bigger buck tracks. The doe groups only had small bucks with them, so the 4th season should be great. Good luck

Guys I appreciate all the responses. Leaving for Cortez tomorrow morning. None the less I'm excited to get back to in the field again.

Just got back from 3rd elk in 71. Deer are all gone from the upper ends of 71 due to the heavy snow. We were up at 10K and there was 12 to 18 inches up there. We got a small bull.

Good Luck, Hope you find a monster.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

Come on, we would love to hear how your hunt went. I had a hard time finding a mature buck on my hunt, never did find one.
I hope you had better luck. 9 day in he field and I was staring to wonder if I was blind. I saw plenty of cow elk but very few deer. Every one I talked to on my hunt said there was a bad winter a couple of years back, I am not sure about the winter kill but the guys with private ground to hunt up higher were down on the public groud looking for deer.
Maybe I will find a bigger one next year

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom