Unit #73 unlimited deer

smokepoler63

I have a son-in-law who wants to start hunting and a 16 year old son with little deer hunting experience. I would like to take them on a hunt that they will see deer and have a chance at a buck. I'm considering the Unit #73 unlimited deer hunt. Without any detailed information, can anyone tell me if there is adequate access to the public land in this unit? They are not looking for trophies and would be happy seeing deer. Thanks in advance.

Yes there is access to deer in this hunt. It has more pressure than most general units. It has a short season so everyone is on top of each other. If you like hunting with hunters then go hunt 73. There are better units to get away from people on OTC general tags with longer season dates, that you will see as many deer and be able to hunt them. Deer in 73 hole up during that 7 day war fyi.

I know a couple guys that use to do this hunt but haven't the last 2 or 3 years because of all the hunting pressure. But I thought I read that this year 73 unlimited can only be drawn first choice now so that may cut down on some of the pressure.

"Go hunt for meat at Walmart."

It's a good unit to bow hunt. Rifle, no way!! I will rifle hunt it again the third year of less than 1100 people hunting it. After it hit 1500 it was bad. 2000+ just pisses me off!

Plenty of deer in unit 39. The 3 week season helps thin out the crowd a little bit, if you hunt mid week there are some hidey holes where you won't have trouble getting away from other hunters.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom