Unit 76 Archery Elk

K

kelco

I drew a unit 76 archery elk tag. Can someone point me in the right direction about the unit. Also, where can I buy maps. Do I need to be packed in? What about backpacking in? Can I walk in areas? What are some of the places to start scouting. I am from Az so I will be able to make 1 trip for scouting before the hunt? What part of the hunt should I hunt, late or early? Thanks.

Chased them some the first few days, went back to work in Albuquerque for a few, then came back for another week. They didn't seem to start getting "interested" until the 10th but still had to chase mine for 2-3 hours, all the way into his bed to get him pissed enough to come see me.

There are elk high and low. Unit 76 is huge. I would be glad to talk.

Beautiful bull and mount, congrat's.

"If a nation expects to be ignorant and free... it expects what never has and never will be." -Thomas Jefferson

One of my best bud's here in town got drawn for the same tag. He's already booked a semi-guided drop camp setup. He's been hunting Elk almost yearly for the past 15 years or so and though has arrowed some bulls, nothing near or better than the 300 mark. I'm hoping he gets a nice one, 300+, this year! He really has earned one.

Joey

Nice Bull 338. Unit 76 holds a special place for me and it has to be my favorite place to hunt Elk. The high country up there is as pretty as it gets. That is a fine bull and would have no problem putting my tag on him. I have 4 BP and intend to use towards that unit but as I get older I may not be able to hunt there again maybe once or twice more in my lifetime. The fishing over that way is also outstanding.

338WSM My dad drew 76 this year with 13 NR points. We are trying to figure out where to start. He is 67 but in good shape. We would be very appreciative of any info. you could provide. We want to get a scout trip or two in soon. Just looking for some starting info. If you wouldn't mind would like to talk to you. My e-mail is [email protected] His is [email protected]. Thanks in advance! Ron P.S. By the way he drew 1st rifle.

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom