Unit 76 Logistics

matpat

Drew a 76 muzzy tag and can't wait. I'm hoping to find some logistical info for the hunt which a buddy and I are DIY. I had 17NR for a bull and he used 5NR for a cow. Looking at the 2015 draw statistics it looks like I got lucky even with 17pts. Anyway, Is there a place in/near Creede to take a mid week shower and that will freeze meat? I know Lake City has a camp ground with showers but from the areas I'm looking at to hunt now Creede would be much closer. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Snowshoe Lodge. It's within walking distance of everything in Creede. They charge $7 per shower. Facilities are clean and well maintained. There is a coin operated laundry on site as well.

202 E. 8th & HWY 149. (719) 658-2315

Also the Freemon's store (Highway 149 west of Creede) has pay showers.
Good Luck!,
Jainoon

Snowshoe is where I go. Check with the folks at the Kentucky Belle about freezing meat. If the Kentucky Belle can't help drive down to South Fork. South Fork will probably be a lot closer than Lake City. I think the place in South Fork is called the Rainbow. It is a combo grocery store, game processing, and gas.

Thanks for the info. I checked with Kentucky Belle and also the Rainbow in South Fork. They no longer offer a place to freeze game. The closest place I found is PDA Processing in Del Norte. That's a bit of a drive from Creede. Thanks again for the info.

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom