unit 80/78

madmoose

anybody have any opinions to these units? this would be our first wyoming trip. 80 is a little more appealing do to start date and some other hunt plans but not a true governing factor. would like to visit cody area tourist style and then hunt for about three days..any other opinions appreciated also

I assume you're talking antelope, since you didn't say! 78 is good, but I don't know much about 80. 77 is also pretty good and not too far from Cody for doing what you're talking about.

I hunted 80 in 2011. It was fun but we only saw one big buck. I would do the hunt again just for the simple fact that I would get to spend in Cody again.

"Go hunt for meat at Walmart."

yes on the antelope units. i guess im comparing all the units neighboring or within an hour or so of cody just for the sheer tourist factor. coming from north idaho just wanted to make more of a vacation out of it with the wife and boys than just a run and gun. drawn to 80 solely for the earlier start date and other hunting we wanted to accomplish in sept. seen where a few folks said this was a hard hunt. hard in what manner i guess.??? both the wife and i have only got 14 inchers in the past, so bettering that would already be worth it we have 4 points going into the draw.

as a resident I use to apply for 80/81, but after years and years of no luck I gave up for applying for those areas. 78 I haven't spent much time in other than just driving through the area. 80 I have spent time in. 90% of the people road hunt it.if your looking for a monster this is not your area. if your looking for an average goat then you will have no problem.. should only take a couple of days... its not a good bowhunting unit....

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom