Unit 84 Antelope

bcmulie

I'm planning a trip to Wyoming for antelope in 2012 with my 70 year old dad, probably in September. We only have 2 points each, so there's not a lot of units in the western half of the state that we can draw as a sure thing. Unit 84 is one of the units that I am considering. Does anyone have information about this unit that they would be willing to share? Hunting pressure, # of antelope, suggested areas to hunt, amount of accessible public land, somewhere to camp or stay? I'm also open to any other recommendations you guys might have. Thanks in advance for any help.

bcmulie

Unit 84 sure isn't close to the areas that you would call traditional antelope country. I would suggest going over into the central area of the state where the majority of the antelope are found and where you can draw a license in 2012. One unit that has lots of public land with a good goat population for a nonresident DIY hunt would be unit 27 about 50 miles south of Gilette. 2PPs should draw that tag with no problem. You would want to do a tent or trailer camp in that unit because it's a long way from any motels.

That's true Brian and would be okay if you hunt the northern end of the unit. I found the best part of the unit to be way down on the south and southeast part near the unit 29 border and that's quite a drive. I guess it just depends on whether you want to enjoy the country camping out like I do or doing it from a motel. Anyway, I would certainly hunt 27 before I would think about 84 fo goats.

Most of the National Grasslands has antelope.And also there are some Walk In Areas that I havebeen on that is good antelope hunting.the good thing is some of these areas you can draw without any points and some times you can even buy them as leftovers.
the last time I was thru the area I picked up two doe tags and had a great time.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom