Unit 90-1 Antelope

Pooner

Hey guys I am helping a buddy out on a hunting in 90-1. Wonder if anyone has pictures of the quality of bucks from that unit. I am out in california for the summer and wont have a lot of time to scout so any help would be great. You can PM too thanks.

LAST EDITED ON Jul-25-10 AT 10:37PM (MST)[p]I was wondering what type of access is available in area 90-1.

Also are there any reccomended meat processors/storage around the Pinedale area?

I wouldn't even bother scoutin this unit, Just go huntin there are quality bucks in almost every part of the unit. i don't have any pictures but we have taken several mid 70 bucks out the unit.

TICK
TALL, WIDE, AND HANDSOME

That's what I've heard. Guessing there's good access everywhere within the unit. I'm so excited for the hunt, it'll be my first pronghorn hunt.

I'll share video clips/ pics of the hunt. My brother and I are very excited to have drawn this area and have heard many good things about it. I'll share any info I gain after the hunt.

The hard part for me is probably going to be holding off in shooting the first buck I see.

Hope to share a great story and great pics with you guys. I've learned alot from reading all the posts on this site and appreciate all the information you guys provide.

Good luck to everyone and hope to share with all of you soon.

300Shorty,
Also are there any reccomended meat processors/storage around the Pinedale area?

There use to be ONE in Pinedale but not sure if they are still in business.

I hunted out of LaBarge 3 years ago and drove down to R&B MEATS IN GREEN RIVER. This place was a great choice and was well recommended too. The address in 515 E. 2nd North St. Green River, WY 307-875-2556

Brian
http://i25.tinypic.com/fxbjgy.jpg[/IMG]

300Shorty...
There's a guy just outside of Pinedale in Boulder. Floyd Wigginton, phone number is 307-679-7231. He cuts/processes meat according to the Sublette County Chamber office. They also mentioned that the next closest processors are located in Jackson, Thayne, Rock Springs and Green River. If you shoot them an email at [email protected], I'm sure they'd reply with names and phone numbers for you to contact. Have a good hunt, it should be a lot of fun.

Cool... thanks for all the info. I'll shoot them an email and see what's available.

We have this tag too. Does anyone have a good starting spot to find a good camp, maybe with a few trees? We weren't planning on going until the 3rd week of the season, any general advice for the area would be great. Can't wait to get up there as this will be my first antelope hunt after more than a dozen years of rejections in AZ and NM.

Thanks

Adirondak, I receieved an email back from the COC and they basically stated what 1080LelooCly had already posted. The next closest processor outside of Floyd Wiggington (Pinedale) is in Jackson Hole, JH Ice & Game 307-733-4159.

Good luck.

I have the 90-2 tag, which is just west across the highway from yours. We scouted last weekend and while we didn't go into your unit, we drove the highway from Farson to Pinedale.

You won't have any problem finding antelope. There were multiple herds grazing in your unit. There is alot of water, hence the goats.

Don't shoot the first 13 inch buck you see, which will be about 10 minutes after you start hunting.

We camped along the big Sandy river where it is next to hiway 192. There appears to be lots of options for camping in that unit, be it the desert or along the rivers north of Farson or south of Pinedale.

Have fun!

Thanks for the heads up on the unit, I can't wait for the hunt. I'm hoping to spend a couple days out there and then shoot down to region D for some mule deer hunting. We're going antelope hunting later in the season so I figured we'd look into deer hunting as well.

I'll let you know how it goes. Good luck to all of you.

Yeah, less than a month to go and I believe the days are actually getting longer.

I was wondering by those who have scouted the area nearby and live in the area, what is the cell phone coverage like out there? Just wondering if we are able to make calls from where we'll be hunting.

Thanks for any info.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom