unit 91 or 92 for doe antelope

R

Rem308

What is the terrain like in these units ?Thinking of buying a couple of doe tags for one of these units.

I hunted 92 last year. Lots of antelope. The terrain varies from sand dunes to sagebrush mesas to forests on Steamboat Mtn. There's quite a bit of water in the area. Plenty of road access (note: have tire chains handy because they turn to gumbo when they get wet). The antelope were very spooky the first week of the season. After that they seemed to calm down, and were easily stalked.

An added bonus to 92 is the desert elk herd. We saw elk every day we hunted. They were rutting, so there was a lot of bugling. Saw a couple of 6-points battle.

My son and I applied again for the area (last year's hunt yielded 4 does and a buck). If you draw I can give you some specific spots to look over. Best of luck to you!

91 is on the south western flank of the wind river mnts, so the soil tends to handle wet weather better, there are some streams , good camping areas and plenty of good dirt roads,

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom