Unit 98, 101, 391-What would you do?

bcoufal

Ok, So I have a problem with making a decision with my application for mule deer this year. Last year I burned what points I had to hunt deer with my brother in law while he hunted Elk for the first time. I cant decide which unit to apply for mule deer. Unit 391 , 98, or 101 all Private land. I will be applying for an archer tag which I am more than likely to draw with no points in all three units.

I have private land access to all three units. Unit 391 my uncle owns 40 acres with a lot of deer with potential for pope and young. Its close to work and I could hunt every night after work on the ground or in a tree stand.

Unit 98 I have access to close to 2000+ acres of private. I saw several Bucks that would be pushing 200 during Pheasant hunting and white tail hinting with a friend. This land have several corn circles, water tanks, abandon farm with a lot of trees, sage hills and CRP. We saw the biggest buck this fall that I have ever seen in person in the sage hills.

Unit 101,102 I have a friend that has 20,000 acres south and east of Yuma. 10,000 acres of CRP, Corn, and sage hills just south of town and another 10,000 acres of land with close to 5 miles on the Arikaree. This tag is about 48% draw chance for archery with 0 points.

I have scouted all three areas and hunted ditch chickens on both eastern properties except for the Arikaree. I need to go out this month and see the lay of the land.

Thanks for any thoughts

Brett

I think I wish I had your problems of having to choose which one, and all that access. Scout and shoose what works for you best and go from there. Good luck.

Yuma county kicks out quite a few B&C non typicals each year and I would choose there. Good luck, good problem to have.

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom