unti 18

S

skanyon

i have the third season rifle deer tag for this unit and i am very excited. i was just wondering how its been going over there this year. anybody been having any success?

LAST EDITED ON Oct-08-12 AT 09:34AM (MST)[p]Not alot of reports out there since only archery and muzzleloader has been open so far. With an average success rate of only 5% & 15% on deer in archery and muzzy respectively the success stories are few and far between, so understandably not many make it to the web. Best thing to do is look at DOW's hunt guides for the area and you will get an idea of what has occurred over the last 5 years there throughout the seasons. The animals are adjusting to the beetle kill and all the new browse/forage available to them right in the timber...........forage in places it hasn't been for possibly hundreds of years. It seems to me in the beetle-kill areas, hunters have yet to adjust to this scenario and continue to simply hunt their traditional grounds. A few will get lucky with this approach but the guys that are adjusting to the developing feed/cover environment are the ones taking the "lion's share" and are understandibly tight-lipped about it. They no longer need to come out of the big timber country to feed. Go hike the beetle kill and you will see the feed I am speaking of...........courtesy of all the new sunlight coming down through the now needleless lodgepole and the new surface water no longer being sipped up by live timber. Good luck out there!

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom