Unusual kill site pics

forkypete

A friend sent me a couple of pics of an incident between two bucks in a Caliente, Nevada neighborhood where one buck killed another. Thought it a rather unusual "kill site".
Caliente A.jpeg
Caliente2.jpeg
Caliente4.jpeg

I've Seen Bucks Go At It until There Was Alot Of Blood Oozing Out!

Like I Posted Earlier,I'm Sure We Lose A Few!

Seen A Bull Elk Kill Another Bull When He Run His Sword Point Through The Other Bulls Heart!

If you Ever Get A Chance To See 2 Big Pronghorns Go At it Now There's A Fight!

Luckily, most fights we don't even see or hear about, the result at most is worn-out or tired, stressed bucks with broken racks. ;)

Not sure how many have watched to bucks in full rut get with it. I have seen it a few times and they dont play around once they make up their mind.

Those true fights are serious business.

Years ago I heard what sounded like two bucks fighting off in the distance. After glassing for a bit, I found the source of the noise - two 175-180 class bucks about a mile away. I closed the distance as fast as I could but it still took a long time to get close to them. As I got to about 100 yards from them, I could see that one of them had gotten his eye poked and it was hanging from the socket, but he was still fighting. I was trying to get within bow range but the one-eyed buck soon overpowered the other buck and chased the loser off over the hill. They ended up both jumping the fence off of public land and out of site.
It was unbelievable how long and aggressively they fought and the fact that the one buck kept going even after losing his eye. Their drive to propagate is so overwhelming.

In my years I have come across a couple other bucks that had lost an eye (likely to fighting) and seen both elk and deer harvested that have had broken antler fragments imbedded into their skulls and under their capes.

Animals have no self pity....

I have always been amazed how few one eyed bucks are out there....

A couple of my favorite pics: one demonstrates how vicious a fight can be; the other of a banged up survivor I encountered (he looked pretty roughed-up... but not too bloodied!)

I've Seen Bucks Go At It until There Was Alot Of Blood Oozing Out!

Like I Posted Earlier,I'm Sure We Lose A Few!

Seen A Bull Elk Kill Another Bull When He Run His Sword Point Through The Other Bulls Heart!

If you Ever Get A Chance To See 2 Big Pronghorns Go At it Now There's A Fight!
Got to see two buck antelope rage one year during the rut. Endurance battle. They would fight then run insane distances then fight again. Even saw one try and bite the other like a horse.

I have taken video of at least 4 buck fights. Not just a brief antler touch, but long fights where twice bucks got flipped onto their backs, with one such fight ending in the death of one of the bucks. Here is the winner after chasing off the buck and coming back to his does. He earned the name "Killer" that day. He pinned his adversary against a small mahogany covered berm, and he couldn't escape that death trap. Killer went straight for the guts, goring him several times. All the while we could clearly hear the dying buck bawling and moaning with each thrust. He finally let the buck back to his feet and chased him down the hill, with blood and entrails coming out of his abdomen. He later died, but we didn't realize the extent of his injuries until we got home and watched the video on bigger screens than our cameras have.

You can clearly see the bloody tines

456 copy copy.jpg

500 copy.jpg

501 copy.jpg

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom