Up in smoke

SS!

Long Time Member
Smoked up some salmon bellies I had laying around. I modified my smoker to make sure it wouldn’t get too high of temp. Success! They came out perfect. I’m setting a record for the amount of fish through the smoker this year. I’ve used over 100 lbs of brown sugar ?

1F9F2FC9-9F04-41AB-A942-8D42F7727196.jpeg

Also put 3 more fillets in a wet brine to try with some jalapeño powder. I’ll pull them out of the brine around midnight and let them dry in the garage till I get some work done. Should be in jars by about noon tomorrow.
65F32931-74B1-400D-998E-0DAB2DF722AB.jpeg
61B79871-FE62-4028-A7DC-A06152F467C7.jpeg

Keep it up SS and you’ll pass up Blank for the most hated award! J/K, looks awesome, yeah I’m jealous.

I smoked up some salmon a few years back and the recipe I used called for covering the fillets in Jalapeno jelly. Turned out really good. By the way, those smoked fillets look amazing!

Looks great SS. Give me king salmon bellies and someone else can have the rest. I can't believe some people use salmon bellies for halibut bait. That's like trading gold for silver, IMO.

They look great SS. I just booked my first fishing trip to Alaska and I’m as excited about bringing home the fish as I am the fishing.

Looks great SS. Give me king salmon bellies and someone else can have the rest. I can't believe some people use salmon bellies for halibut bait. That's like trading gold for silver, IMO.
Agreed. Typically the bellies are from pinks though, but still I agree!

We are going the first week of August 2024. I’m pretty naive when it comes to Alaska. We are flying to Juneu then on a float plane to ‘Excusion Inlet’. A friend went there and said it was great. Hopefully, he’s right.
I like that it’s semi-guided and like the idea of running a boat and giving it a try. I have unfortunately never been to Alaska but I’m looking forward to it.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom