Urban Muley

Smokepole

First, I hope that this picture posting will work and second, that you all can see the buck in these pictures.

mikepope81104-1.jpg

mikepope81104-2.jpg

This buck has been hanging around the neighborhood for awhile. I estimate him to be about 28" wide, he has deep forks, double eyeguards on the right antler and a few other small cheaters on both sides. I believe he is the same buck I seen last year as a 25" 4x4.

All I had at the time was my digital camera with no zoom. I took these pictures from my back yard as the bucks were feeding and moving through. Starts to get your heart pumping when your only 50 yards from a buck like this.

Smokepole

Nice Buck, must be nice having them literally in your backyard and on your porch.
I've got a coyote in my backyard and a few quail and some scorpions along with a few ground squirrels, wanna trade ?

I live in NSL, as you can see a little up on the bench. I'm hoping to get some closer pictures where you can really see what kind of head gear he's got. Alot of people in the neighborhood are talking about this buck, he's not been too shy.

Just the other night I seen three other small bucks bounding through the neigbors yard and I know of a doe and two fawns that are hanging around as well. However, I don't think I want to trade any of them for no coyotes, scorpions, etc., although we have them too. Plus, fox, rattlers, lizards, quail, chuckers and an occasional lion.

Smokepole

It's nice to see those deer doing well in the urban fringe. Maybe if the muleys establish themselves well enough, the verminous whitetails will stay east of the Mississippi more often. I think some of the muleys are getting used to being around homes more. Seems like some places in Wyoming have them right in town, too. Maybe it will take some time, but they will be like whitetails back east and we'll be complaining that there are too many in towns (NEVER).

Thanks for the nice pics.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom