USO client letter

AZ402

Dude is a douche-bag....

UNITED STATES OUTFITTERS, INC.

Are you ready for a Great Year?

2005 is looking to be an awesome year for a lot ofyou...the reason? Due to your lawsuit

you no longer have to face the discrimination of being a nonresident hunter in some States.

First, the good news! Arizona nonresident quotas have been abolished. Arizona is now

attempting to make changes to discourage nonresidents from applying, such as discontinuing their

internet applications, raising tag fees, requiring full tag fees sent when applying and/or requiring

you to purchase the nonresident license to apply. Any of these things will surely reduce the

number of nonresidents applying, but should not affect your portfolios as usa fronts your tag

fees and does the applications for you. A few of you who have not bought bonus points in the

past may of course be forced to do so. However, you should buy bonus points now that you are

on equal footing with the residents for drawing a tag. In fact, this is an opportunity to increase

your applications to all four species in Arizona. This way you get four bonus points for the price

of one.

Nevada nonresident quotas are also gone. They are also

looking for changes to discourage nonresidents from applying

and we will follow their development. Any attempt to reinstitute

quotas will be met with further litigation.

As a side note, Montana and the other Ninth circuit states have not made changes to stop

the discrimination of nonresidents and are opening themselves up to litigation as well as large

damage claims. The longer they wait, the costlier the claims will be. If any of you want to be a

litigant on these claims, please advise us and we will put you in contact with our legal team.

Weare still waiting on the Tenth Circuit Court in Denver to rule on our case (Shutz vs

Wyoming) presented to the court last March. This is a similar type case that was won in the Ninth

Circuit (Montoya v Manning) and has laid the groundwork to stop nonresident discrimination.

Now the bad news! Even though the courts have rightfully ruled to stop the discrimination

against nonresidents, the Game and Fish Departments are trying to go around the courts and

attempt to pass legislation in the U. S. Congress to exempt wildlife issues from the commerce

clause. This would mean that states could exclude you from hunting and fishing in any State

completely. It shows how misguided and determined these Game and Fish Agencies are at

discriminating against you. We will still need your help in fighting this through your donations

and contacting your congressman. Enclosed are excerpts from an article published in "The

Conservation Force January Bulletin" written by John Jackson.

To fight this legislation and continue with the efforts in your behalf, we are asking for a

donation to the Nonresident Legal Fund of$100 from each of our applicants. As you have seen,

no one but YOU, usa, Conservation Force, Dallas Safari Club, and African Safari Club have had

the guts to try and stop the discrimination against you, the nonresident hunter. No other licensing

service, hunting consultants, or outfitters have stood up to be financially counted in this effort.

In the past you have seen what a small amount of donation from each of you has produced.. ...

RESULTS LET'S NOT STOP NOW!

ForUnitedStatesOutfittersandProfessionalLicensingService,2004was a banneryear.

Along with your winning of the Arizona Lawsuit, we had good moisture and a cool fall, all the

ingredients for many trophies being harvested by our clients. We had 400+ point elk and 200+

point whitetail harvested along with hundreds of other trophies including sheep, moose, antelope,

bears, oryx, mountain goats, and mule deer. No other outfitter can produce the quality for the

price that usa provides. We are very proud of this, but we are appreciative of you, our clients,

because of your trust in USO.

For 2005, changes will abound. Arizona and Nevada are dealing with having to treat resident

and nonresidents alike, more litigation may be needed if discrimination is reinstated.

New Mexico changes include moving up their main deadline to April 9th, looking at

starting a bonus point system, point restriction in some areas, allowing guides for Oryx hunts

and allowing crossbows for mobility impaired archers. New Mexico deadline for Oryx is Feb.

5th,for those of you that missed out last year need to get Oryx added to your portfolio. Any of

you wanting private land elk hunts with guaranteed tags for 2005 should contact our office for

availability.

Kansas, once again, has boundary changes for both draw tags and landowner tags. Those

of you wanting Kansas landowner tags need to call to get a tag held for you in 2005. Weare

booking these hunts this year rather than just a waiting list as the demand greatly exceeds the

amount of tags we receive.

Other states are increasing some of their license, tag and application fees. Several states

have yet to formalize these changes, so we will keep you informed through our "SCREAMERS"

on changes that affect your current applications and opportunities for new applications.

Price changes are in the works for our hunts also, but only for the Licensing Hunts for this

year. Mainly because of the cost of fuel, we have increased the cost of these hunts from $200 to

$300. usa is still fronting your tag fees for Arizona, New Mexico, Utah, Nevada, and Kansas.

As in the past, we will continue to provide only guided hunts in these States, also included in

the guided hunts are the Wyoming elk hunts. If your financial status has changed where you

cannot afford to go guided, we need to remove or place your portfolio on hold. In States such as

Montana, Idaho, Alaska, Oregon, Washington and California, we apply for unguided hunts for

sheep, moose, and goats.

Please look at your portfolios now, as we are contracted to apply these applications for you

each year and our first deadlines are Utah and Wyoming which is the end of January. If you

believe you cannot hunt this year, for any reason, let us know before we start'applying. We can

apply for "bonus only" or "hold" in order to fit your need otherwise we will apply to draw. It is

foolish to apply and draw a special and valuable tag you cannot use simply because you forgot to

notify us of your needs. To add insult to injury, you are still responsible to pay for the tag and

it will be wasted as no one else can use this tag. So, review your portfolio and mail or fax your

invoice back to us. If you have any questions or changes, notify us so we can do

the best job for you.

Because of the legal changes that are coming about, you are in front of

the line for many ofthese quality tags in the coming years. Thanks again for

allowing usa to handle your applications. As always, your support, trust, and

your business are greatly appreciated.

Reading that just makes me sick to my stomach. Anyone still affiliated with this company are beyond my comprehension to say it nicely.

AZ? I need this letter in a way that I can copy it in its original format or as close as possible. Is there a place I can find this?

This POS isn't going to %$#@ us w/o a fight.

LAST EDITED ON Feb-08-05 AT 04:15AM (MST)[p]i have read everything posted here about the uso thing.but now it is time to drop it!! my god people aint it time to let the dead horse rest in peace? it's getting to be the same thing here, either uso, or now zim, why cant we have the strength to let it go and have more post like the famous TURTLE????

4X6

That's a typical hunter response. Let 'em screw you and just move on and talk hunting. Sure as hell wouldn't want to get involved. Rather put our sand masks on and shove our heads a little deeper into the ground. And then b!tch like hell and blame the fish and game or SFW or the "guvment" when you realize how bad you let yourself get screwed. Sorry, don't mean to bag on you but that's what's wrong with hunters as a group. Just like a bunch of farmers, we just want to go on with our lives and be left alone. Unfortunately this thing is big enough and bad enough for everyone that we don't have the option to "let it go" if we want to continue to hunt as avergae working guys. You will be affected!

No offense intended.

i do understand what you are saying NV BIGHORN!! what i meant was it will not do anybody any good to keep bring up stuff like the letter here... yes you are right it dont effect me right know cause i am an average joe hunter have not hunted out of state cant afford it! dont hurt my feelings that you vented a little just my 2 cents! if posting stuff like this did any good then i say good do it but it will not do any good. the rich always prevale in what ever they want. sadley enough that goes for hunting as well.... they take from the poor and give to the rich!!!!

4X6, you say that its all you can do to hunt your own area? Fine. Outfits like USO want your tag. Thats right. At least 50 percent of the tag quotas belong to them. Talk to the Arizona guys and see how they feel about that. I am not rich and cannot afford to hunt other places, but I will god damned if I lay down without fight to try and keep my chances of drawing a Sheep, goat, Deer or elk tag in my own state better than a NR who had not sweated and applied for years to better the game animals in my own state.

We need your help 4X6. Not complacency. See what your local hunting groups are doing with this. Your senators should be encouraged to stand behind SB2978 if you don't think a Non-res outfitter can dictate quota policies in your state. Through his application services, only those better off than you and me will get the shots at our elk, deer, antelope, etc. this is serious for all of us.

USO is also trying to filibuster through courts the setting of hunt seasons in Nv right now. They also want monetary recompense
for services they "could have rendered" but were not entitled to. I can cut and paste the actual quote out of the suit if you like.

4X6
You said:

?yes you are right it dont effect me right know cause i am an average joe hunter have not hunted out of state cant afford it!?

I didn't say it doesn't affect you. I said it will. I would love to hunt in my own state too but unfortunately it is already very, very difficult to draw a tag to hunt in Nevada where I have lived my whole life. Throw nonresidents in the same pool as residents and I may never draw a tag again. JimNv is right. USO wants your tag too. They just haven't gotten around to you yet. Read all the threats in the above letter. They are talking about you if you live in a state that has any type of quota on nonresident tags.

JimNv the forums are the perfect spot to reach other hunters to stand up to this BS. Up here in the Idaho panhandle we're kinda in our own little world. IMHO the non res setup in Idaho right now is very fair. The general hunts are OTC till quota is filled. Any out of stater that is prompt when tags go on sale here will get one. Draw areas are random draw for both res & non res with 10% going to non res.
Now I'm hearing rumors of a pnt system which looks to me is on the verge of backfiring or already has in other states.
We do need to band together to keep States rights intact ie nonres limits seasons etc. USO is way out of control,they remind me of the anti hunters making law by ballot initiative. I call on all Idaho hunters to contact Senator Craig & request he support SB2978 we need to stop USO now before this goes any further. They can be stopped if we all get off the fence.
Thanks Jim, foxtrot4elk
Brett Flodin
Post Falls Idaho

Guys
As an "outsider" - since I'm Canadian - I feel that foxtrot4elk is right. I'm planning a hunt for elk for the first time and I chose Idaho because I should get a tag with their system, if it remains the same for 2006. Other states should do the same ie, issue a quota of tags to NR on a first come first serve basis for most areas of the state, then apply for a draw in some specific trophy controlled areas. Give the NR a fair number of tags, but keep enough for residents. That would make hunting available for everybody.

It is sad to see that your hunting rights as a NR are going the same way as mine in Canada. I can't hunt outside my own province without hiring a guide, for thousands of $$$ of course...

Martin Cloutier

The AZ boys are fightin hard but this bunghole just wants it all. If he wasn't a greedy pig then why the letter taunting the residents here and bragging up all the good stuff he has done for his clients. I have talked to a lot of hunters here who say if the 50% holds they will become what they hated most and that's a dirty poacher. The rest are grumbling about all the money and work they put in to clean up trash and do what they can for the habitat. I can see the future becoming one of trashy hunt areas with lousy hunting for all after Taulman sells all the animals he can get. I am hoping that the state realizes that short term gains in income may lead to apathy and no dollars to fund forcement and spends the money to appeal the ruling to the SC.

Fox, I guess I got some anger going on in some forums because folks are starting to think I'm anti-non res. Not the case at all. Nor are any of my comrades. I D0 think that NR's are getting ripped off in my state as it concerns elk but elk only (1200.00) I think that the other prices such as deer (240.00) and Antelope (300.00 a bit high) are pretty fair. The trophy animals such as Sheep and goats are pretty consistant with a lot of states, plus they are not real prevalent and are therefore a rarity. I've got a friend (res)that has been putting in for a sheep tag for 30 years and has never drawn.

The allotments for deer could be raised a bit but I think Elk, sheep, goat and antelope are good for now. once again the rarity. Make the application fees less for NR's. and allow a point system. I need to read Id's regs and see whats happening. I haven't seen our 2005 regs as of yet and need to go look.

My fear is having outfits like USO dictating policy to our states and using the fears of non-res's to advance their pursuit of an "outfitters welfare" system off of the backs of resident hunters' states and states efforts to best manage their game.

LAST EDITED ON Feb-08-05 AT 05:27PM (MST)[p]Jim, I know you are not anti resident, I am not either. In 96 Idaho had a huge winter kill & then jacked the non res prices $100 for deer & elk. Then to top it they lied about the winter kill until after the next season when it could no longer be denied that the elk had been hammered. They have never sold out the non res tags since until last year. It was simple math, lower prices,sell more tags, make more money. The ironic part of this little tale is that now Idaho is a bargain compared to alot of the other states.
Regardless of how it works out, money should not be the dominating factor in who gets to hunt.And certainly no for profit outfitter should be able to dictate anything on how staes set seasons or tag caps. There are not enough elk for everyone. I'm all for non resident hunters but there has to be a cap or there won't be any elk to hunt. If non res can't handle the cap then they should move to there favorite western state so they have there yearly tag & suffer the economic hardships of living here w/the rest of us.
Martin is also right, I'm going to Alberta this fall for Moose & Mule deer. I have to have a guide.Wyoming wilderness same way. It's BS, it's welfare for the outfitters.USO makes plenty of money w/out having the luxury of taking all the tags they want. People here (Idaho) also tell me that if they are going to lose their hunting to big money that they will make sure there's nothing left for them to hunt. I hate to hear things like that but the writing is on the wall if we don't join together to reverse what has happened in AZ.
Elk tags here are $338.50 & $128.50 for license. Also 16.50 each for bp & bow permits. This is where they should stay. The F&G need money to manage the game but they certainly don't need to make a profit. As there are limited # of animals in this country it stands to reason that only so many outfitters can be in business.USO needs to be happy w/the level it's operating at instead of dreaming up ways to become a fortune 500 company at the expense of the average hunter. We are the majority,we need to stand up to this nonsense.
foxtrot4el

gleninaz, we are behind you keep up the fight. Idaho hunters will be so pi$$ed at this too if it goes down here there wo't be any bulls left for anyone.

by the way I meant to say anti-nonresident, I was to slow on the edit LOL
foxtrot4elk

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom