UT 5 year waiting period?

COLOelkman

Very Active Member
I drew a NR elk tag this year (unsuccessful) and have a question about the 5-yr wait period. Can I still apply and gain points during the 5-yr wait but not be eligible to draw a tag, or can I not even apply for 5 years?

From my understanding you have to wait the 5 years before you can put in for that species, so in your case elk. But you can continue to put in for the other species that you didn't draw like mule deer, or antelope.

My 5 year wait will be up in 2013. Sorry, but you can't put in for point for the species while in the 5 year waiting period.

You are out of the running for any LE elk tags or points for 5 years. But as stated above you can still go for deer or antelope or the other once in a lifetime tag.

4b1db2ac644136c4.jpg

Thanks for the quick reply guy? Looks like that was my once in a lifetime elk hunt for UT as I don't think I can wait 15 yrs before I draw again. Just too old to justify the future expense. Guess there's always raffles!

Maybe you should check with the Fish and game I think Non Residents do not have a waiting period, just like a Non Resident can apply for numerous species!

ARE YOU FELLAS REFERRING TO A 5 YEAR WAITING PERIOD FOR JUST A LIMITED ENTRY DEER TAG (EXAMPLE) LIKE TO BOOKCLIFFS......I HAD NOT HEARD OF THIS.......THANKS ........YD.

Yes. If you draw a LE tag, you are ineligible to even apply for the same species for 5 years. So assuming you need 10 pts to draw a reasonably good LE tag, you will have a 15-yr wait unless you get lucky and draw without top points!
I'm a little surprised UT doesn't want the NR app money as I'll not be applying since 15 yrs will put me at 72 which might be tough to hunt many areas.

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom