Ut. Ressy/non-ressy Species Pt. Totals

Very graphic as to how the non res. odds got worse when they let us buy a point for all LE and OIL two years ago. Look at the huge jump in people with one and two bonus points!
You resident hunters better fight hard to keep this from happening to you.

Hey Robb,
So are you thumbing your nose at all of us, given you draw everything regardless of the numbers! LOL

The economic law of supply and demand is sure evident in that chart. The more everyone sees a limited resource and chance to participate, the more people want to give it a try!

Thanks for the post and good luck with the draws.

1 for you and 1 for me-------next question! ha

They haven't set the tag numbers as of yet-----mid-march-ish?

Forget 'bout it Rick! ha
That D-Ram tag is almost in your pocket already!

Robb

What is this all about? 10 Points for Resident General Deer? I can see 3 points or so for those southern tags, But 10!
RESIDENT GENERAL BUCK

1Pt= 41,712
2Pts= 4,480
3Pts= 379
4Pts= 109
5Pts= 40
6Pts= 27
7Pts= 10
8Pts= 9
9Pts= 3
10Pts= 4

TICK
TALL, WIDE, AND HANDSOME

Yup-----

It is a sad--sad day for the Draw hunters......ressy/non-ressy...

Go ahead and get a 2nd and 3rd mortgage on your home and buy ya one of them Con Org tags---not a bad price 'cause ya get to jump to the head of the line that way!

Robb

Gotta love the pyramid that a points system creates! It's almost laughable that we'll see another post like: "My son is 12 and I put him in for everything in Utah. How long will he have to wait before he draws all species?"

I was in the max group for elk and mt goat as a res in UT. It took a long time, 16 years, but I now have a goat and a great elk to show for it. I daresay that without the point system, I would have nothing but "unsuccessful". The system has weeded out most of the max point holders except elk. With the increase in elk tags the last couple years it has been moving the resident elk hunters through faster.

Woodtick. My daughter is one of those with 6 or 7 points for general deer.we have just been waitin for her 2 kids to get a little older so we can take them out huntin with us...and if i put in with her for southern. i can use half her points so we both draw.

Robb- you get those point things I sent over?

What about bear? I can't seem to find a summary of points, just what the hunt odds were last year. What about those that purchased points?

Sure did---thanks!

Same as the Hard copy yearly draw odds books I have going back to what 1997--1996 maybe.

Interesting trends over the years.

Robb

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom