Utah 2010 Legilative Session

Gorilla

I wanted to start a thread where we can post information regarding hunting/fishing bills in the 2010 Utah legislative sessions. The Utah Legislature has one of the best websites in the country for posting timely information during the legislative session.

House Bill HB0031 would make it easier to get a refund for a tag you can't use due to injury/illness.
http://le.utah.gov/~2010/bills/hbillint/HB0031.htm

I know their has been talk about a second attempt to repeal the Utah Supreme Court decision on water access being public rights of way. I could not find this bill. Does anybody know if this bill has been present yet?

I also have heard talk of Emigration Canyon residents taking their fight to shut down City Creek canyon to the state level. Does any know if they have a bill to shut down City Creek canyon to rifle hunting?

We can make a difference by staying informed and asking our representatives to represent us.

House bill 80 is a clarification if the water access laws on private ground, I'm a supporter and suggest you all contact your rep about it in support. I read on here about the WY access issue and how Joe publics need to stand up for their rights, well here's your chance. Pm me 4 more details.

LAST EDITED ON Jan-29-10 AT 08:08AM (MST)[p]Here's another supporter of Utah HB80.

Public access to publicly owned water, something Idaho and Montana realized was the right thing to do years ago.

Some big farm/landowners are against it, but seriously, ya you own the land outside the river, but the river is OURs (upheld by supreme court decicion).

The bill dosent allow one step of access to private lands, but does allow the public to fish, hunt, kayak, birdwatch, and otherwise enjoy their public right to recreate within publicly owend water.

Additionally the bill will foster education of what the law is and what the law isn't for those who choose to recreate in these areas. Education leads to understanding of the right and awarness to repect the surrounding private land and landowners.

What's different this year vs the croney crammed bill that failed last year, was this one was written with input and involvment from all parties with stake, including lawmaker field trips and research. We'll thought out, and a good bill.

Tell your rep and senator to support this bill!

+1 ForkWest

This establishes that boundary as the highwater mark. It means that if you tube on or fish a river that goes through private land you don't have to worry about being charged for trespassing if you stay in the stream (or below high water mark) and have completed the online certificate education thing. It puts the responsibility on the users.

Contact you're reps, ESPECIALLY if they're on the Natural resources committee.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom