Utah Archery Big Blackie

Bocephus

I was able to whack this big boy Thursday night when he came in to get dinner. This has been the most rewarding hunt that I have had the opportunity to participate in. All the gas, time, dumpster diving for bait, hikes through 2 and 3 ft snow, finally paid off with an eighteen yard broadside shot on a 340 lb beast. All the credit goes to my family and friends that helped with the process. My wife, Wade, J-dawg, even my Mom helped pack in bait and treestands. I had the ulimate guide once again in my Dad, he has taught me everything I know and we have shared some awesome experiences. This ranks right up there with the best of them. It was the second night we sat the bait, and we had pictures of this big ole boy and i had decided that he was the one I wanted. At about 7:45 pm the wind died off and it became perfectly calm, a few minutes later we caught movement to our right and saw Roly Poly making his way to the bait. I began to shake like a leaf, unitl i heard my Dad whisper "Just Kill'em, Just Kill'em!!!" I pulled myself together and with one well placed Tekan out of my Diamond Iceman the bear was down within 50 yards of the bait. We rolled him into a snow bank and the next morning with much needed help we were able to wheelbarrow him 1/2 mile back to the wheelers. What a great hunt!!! A big old bruin in a wheelbarrow with four grown men trying to wheel him over rocks and stumps and creeks is a sight to be seen....Just ask my wife!!!

8907100_0838.jpg

1421cimg1968.jpg

way to go man. I like to hear storys like yours. It makes me wish my dad hunted or gave a crap about hunting.

congrats!!

4a7d1f93337c7fd7.jpg

Nets are for fish!!

Congrats on a hard earned bear! Pretty cool to read about all of your family members getting involved. fatrooster.

Bo! What a great bear! That is flat-out AWESOME!! I was hoping you would whack a good one! I'd heard that you had some good bears hitting your bait, but actually putting an arrow in one is a whole different ballgame. The pictures are awesome!! The story is great! What a fantastic trophy for you! HUGE congrats to you and your family for putting in all that hard work and then having it all come together. I'll bet 'ole Jimmy was pretty dang proud of his boy! How fun to have him right there watching the whole thing go down! Thats just awesome Bo! Again, huge congrats!!! Way to go! Another well earned trophy!!!

Fantastic job and great bear. Few people understand the work and satisfaction of baiting bears until they do it.

Again great job.

Have a good one. BB

That a great looking bear. Full Mount or rug he will look good either way.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".

Kipper thanks man!!! It was a great hunt, everything just fell into place. It's fun when all the hard work pays off and you're able to help create some good luck. You of anybody knows this!! I'm glad we were blessed with that Fowler blood that drives us the extra mile!!! Thanks again for all the kudos from everybody, It's fun to share a good hunting experience with people who appreciate them. I'm going to just tan him for now and eventually do a full body mount on him. He was killed in Central Utah, thanks again fellars!!!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom